Who's In Charge Here?

Maybe it's just the clubs I played the many times I played in LA, but man, I have seen some sh!t in that city and would never want to live there. San Diego is beautiful, and isn't quite the armpit of the West Coast that LA is.

I like your thinking Les, and I'm stuck up here in Montreal, several shades worse than your climate :(

BTW still trying to figger out which LA you're all talking about...the state or the city? Seems I'm not the only one confused!!!!!!!

Actually, it's about the same...nasty. lol!

Los Angeles. I love that town.

"I love LA" - Who sang that song again - Randy Newman??

I like OC and San Diego.:) Unfortunately traffic is just as bad as in LA.

Life is all about taking charge and making trade off's!!

As one famous band once said "You Can't Always Get What You Want, but if you try sometimes....."

Life IS what you make it and we do have tremendous power over ourselves. 2.5 years ago, I up and left the northeast after spending my first 36 years there. I now live in northeast Florida, 20 miles south of St Augustine. I realized I miss my friends and the Summer lifestyle there. So, I intend to spend my Summers up there starting next year. I'll be 8 months in FL and 4 in New Hampshire. I'll be a 40 year old snowbird. Life is a wonderful thing, but you have to make it wonderful. You can't wait for wonderful to happen on its own.

Should be about 75 here today. At this time of year, I am very thankful to live less than 2 miles from the ocean.115 degrees is only about 30-40 miles away......

Share the A/C! It's 100+ over here in the Carolinas. Usually we're only around 85ish this time of year.

I've talked about wanting to move out of this area - I'm really tired of the winters. I've suggested Phoenix - no snow, and they don't adjust their clocks for daylight saving time. My wife has this crazy idea that we should actually go to Phoenix first before making such a decision, but I don't see why her rational thought process should take precedence over my impulsive flights of fancy.

Oh - then she'll say that she wouldn't be opposed to having a winter home somewhere so we can avoid the snow. To which I have to reply, "A second house? I haven't filled this one up yet!"

I've talked about wanting to move out of this area - I'm really tired of the winters. I've suggested Phoenix - no snow, and they don't adjust their clocks for daylight saving time. My wife has this crazy idea that we should actually go to Phoenix first before making such a decision, but I don't see why her rational thought process should take precedence over my impulsive flights of fancy.

Oh - then she'll say that she wouldn't be opposed to having a winter home somewhere so we can avoid the snow. To which I have to reply, "A second house? I haven't filled this one up yet!"

Twice as much room for guitars and amps!

Twice as much room for guitars and amps!

At the very least I'd need to take my guitars with me to any vacation home.

Of course, my next vacation home will no doubt be the Old Droolers And Pickers Retirement Village, and I probably won't even know the difference.

Of course, my next vacation home will no doubt be the Old Droolers And Pickers Retirement Village, and I probably won't even know the difference.

They're going to hand you a banjo and tell you it's that 30th Anny CU24 - then post videos on YouTube!

Back