Who would like to see more guitar models with NF pickups?

hippietim

Not a new user...
I totally love my 25th SAS NF. That combination of bolt on maple neck, swamp ash body, widdly bar bridge, and NF pickups makes such a great combination - killer classic Strat tones when you roll back the volume to 8.5 and fat Strat/P-90 tones on 10.

I want the same thing for Tele tones. The 25th McNarrowfield is cool but the combination simply does not get the Tele vibe I was hoping for. So I would love to see a SAS NF that has a bolt on maple neck, swamp ash body, hard tail bridge, and a pair of NF pickups.

Now on to my NF3. It's very cool but I think with the korina body it really needs a regular humbucker in the bridge - a korina Studio would be kick ass IMO. I'm thinking of sending mine up to Mr. Nuthall and friends to retrofit the bridge pickup for a humbucker.

The ME LTD is totally, totally bad ass. I can't believe I was going to sell it. There's nothing I'd change about it (other than maybe a more garish color).

I completely agree!! What I would love to see is a McCarty body style/scale with a 53/10 in the neck, and a NF in the bridge....that would be KILLER!!!!

Well, I am new to PRS but just bought a Studio as a second instrument to an Ibanez JEM (so lovely fat tones from that), wanting 'contrasting' tones to the JEM, and I love the Studio! The NFs are really, really great. Wonder what a Custom 24 with a bridge humbucker and a nearfield neck would be like? But I guess I already have that and more with the Studio :)
(OK 22, frets 'only')

Back