White streaks on custom 24 fingerboard

ItsGiusto

I bought this custom 24 secondhand back in July. I didn't notice at the time if the streaks were present then. I don't care about how it looks, I think it looks fine, but I'm just wondering if this is a problem or if it's normal. If it's not normal, is this something I should try to remove, for fear of it eventually damaging the guitar?
20231113-014751.jpg

Looks like sanding dust in the pores.

Oil the fingerboard (maybe do the toothbrush scrub too) and I bet those streaks disappear.

I use Hopes Mineral Oil but any fretboard oil will do.

Shoot...try some Old English Furniture oil if you have some on hand.

Wouldn't use that regularly but it'll work.

I've got the same thing going on a secondhand 2019 S2 Mira. Mine's actually concentrated more towards the body of the guitar--and the guitar's white too, which I thought maybe had some correlation to the white crap in the grains. But when you buy secondhand, you have to accept that everything's up in the air for whatever may have happened to the guitar in its previous life.

Nothing To Be Concerned About. If You Really Want To Get it Sorted Out, You Can Use The Higgins Dye From The Link As It Does An Exceptional Job At Things Like This And I Have Been Very Satisfied With The Results I Have Gotten With It Over The Years/

it been my experience that some conditioners with a high beeswax concentration can cause this, I've found fender custom shop fingerboard remedy to be particularly bad! Of course it depends a lot on the actual piece of wood and the tightness of the grain.

Charles

it been my experience that some conditioners with a high beeswax concentration can cause this, I've found fender custom shop fingerboard remedy to be particularly bad! Of course it depends a lot on the actual piece of wood and the tightness of the grain.

Charles
This

I would use a dry toothbrush on it first. Looks like wood grain filler, buffing wax or a paste wax that got into the pores and hardened
Could be. I have them, too, when I clean the board with naphtha. One pass with a Fret Dictor, and all is back to normal. My guess; OPs fretboard is just dry

Thanks everyone! I'll try oiling it, and maybe scraping with a toothbrush first. I think I have some Dunlop Formula 65 lying around.

BTW, silly of me for not knowing, but is this board rosewood?

Back