Where is the PRS 12 string guitar threads?

Never, ever a mention of these top of their game instruments. How about some feedback on the PRS 12 string, and where are they??? And pics too? Here is mine! The sound is simply the best! I cannot be the only person on the forum with a 12 string. I know their are double necks out there, but there has to be more 12 stringers!

IMG_3156_zpsd6e8a602.jpg

Last edited:
I like the hollowbody 12s, but what I really want is a 12 string Angelus. I tried to get one PS, but PRS simply isn't making them.............."yet". I have my spec list ready when they decide to make my dreams come true. By the way, that purple gtr is a beauty!

I like the hollowbody 12s, but what I really want is a 12 string Angelus. I tried to get one PS, but PRS simply isn't making them.............."yet". I have my spec list ready when they decide to make my dreams come true. By the way, that purple gtr is a beauty!

I had inquired about one of those also. I am also fond of a JA15 12 string as well with a single 53-10 in the neck.

I am digging that guitar James. Thanks for sharing. I searched high and low for one of those. Never could find one. Question? Does the switching allow for the singlecoil only?

I am digging that guitar James. Thanks for sharing. I searched high and low for one of those. Never could find one. Question? Does the switching allow for the singlecoil only?

Not single coil only. Here are the sounds:

In total we have six sounds:

bridge humbucker,
both humbuckers,
neck humbucker,
with the pull/push engaged – bridge and middle single-coils,
bridge and middle single-coils plus neck humbucker,
middle single-coil and neck humbucker.

Hey, everyone, I've just joined the forum and am pleased that my first post is in this zombie thread that deserves a bit more attention, just like the PRS 12-string models.

I don't know why I never signed up here before, but it's probably because I used to be a hardcore lurker (and sporadic poster) on Birds and Moons. That place turned me into a PRS junkie, for sure! After its demise, I migrated over to Vintage Rocker, but after a while I felt like our vibrant little community had become less vibrant and considerably smaller. Some time later, I plunged into the world of luthier-built acoustic guitars, where I still focus most of my energy, and my PRS obsession began to fade. That was a good thing for my bank account, by the way.

Since I recently purchased a very expensive acoustic, this month I decided to thin the herd and sell some guitars I rarely, if ever, play anymore. I live in Paris, and it's never been easy to sell PRS guitars on the second-hand market here. There are many people in this country who've never tried a PRS yet cling to their prejudices against the brand, whatever those prejudices might be. For example, several years ago I had a lovely McCarty Soapbar that took a few months to sell, even though the price was more than reasonable. Even worse, some time later it took several tries and a few price reductions over a couple of years before I found someone interested in a 100% original 1988 Custom in Black Cherry with birds, and the buyer was in Belgium! (The only reason I sold that guitar is that I already had another '88 in Whale Blue with moons whose understated sexiness rocks my world to this day!)

This time round, the first guitar I put up for sale went very fast. Hardly surprising, I guess, since it was a fully loaded Trussart Steeldeville priced to move quickly. People here seem to love Trussarts, even though I doubt that many people have ever played one. True, Trussarts are excellent, very distinctive guitars inspired by a few of those old classic body shapes that appeal to the unadventurous. But I also suspect that part of the appeal comes from a sense of national pride, since James Trussart is the only Frenchman who's had a ton of worldwide success in the high-end electric electric market (by being, ironically enough, adventurous)!

Just last week, a friend who's lusted after my 1999 HBII piezo ever since I got it back in 2004 decided to take the plunge and has now bought himself a fantastic instrument at a HUGE discount. I'm sure he'll be happy for many years to come.

The last guitar I put on the market is my 2005 Custom 22/12. It's a bare-bones example, non-10 top, moons in Tobacco Sunburst that I bought brand new at a blowout sale in New York in 2008. I priced it very low but got not a single expression of interest other than from a dude who clearly had read the add too quickly or hadn't noticed the headstock, because he thought I was selling a special Custom 22 with a single coil in the middle.

Well, to cut a long story short, last night I took the CU 22/12 out of its case to show to a non-guitarist friend who'd come over for dinner. Later on, well past midnight, I took it out again, tuned it up and plugged it in to make sure everything was working properly. I emerged from the 12-string magic a couple of hours later with the realization that I had no desire to part with this awesome guitar!! It plays like a dream, has a wide range of killer sounds, balances pefectly on a strap and is probably a bit lighter than my 2006 513 Brazilian. More importantly, it takes my playing to places none of my other guitars do!

Suffice it to say, I feel very fortunate to have what is surely one of the best 12-string guitars ever designed. It's not going anywhere anytime soon!

Last edited:
Back