Where are you?

Cheddar? I live about 30 minutes from the actual Cheddar, and about 20 minutes from the original Glastonbury (site of the UK festival)

Ah, was speaking about New England/Connecticut, not jolly old. Connecticut has many towns named after old towns in Great Britain, one of which was renamed in shortened form to reflect the colonial times. I used to live in Simsbury, CT, which was named after Simondsbury, in England. Lots of of Connecticut towns refers back to old England. Likewise with Massachusetts.

Granville MA's Country Store has some pretty good farmed handmade cheddar, ranging from medium to extra sharp, and smoked. They used to put out something called "Stinky Cheddar" which has been aged accordingly, but it's difficult to find that nowadays.

I'm from the "Sparkling City By The Bay", and home of "Selena"

26050-Corpus-Christi.jpg

selenabus_featured.jpg
If my town had a bus like that, it’d have Pete Wentz on it...

Pete_Wentz_TyLiner.jpg

Thank god no, I have never been shot at which would be much more a likelihood Had I lived in Bport. I am in cow country in Hebron, actually an ok town, just seriously lacks any excitement which can be good too.

I lived in southwick for a minute when I was a kid, loved it. I still enjoy the MX races and fishing in Congamond.
Where is that in relation to Ansonia? My Dads family is from there. We have a few streets named after us throughout the state. Legend has it that the family owned half the Housatonic Valley before the Anson family ran them out for being horse theives.

Grew up in New England and after college in CT, I moved to Dallas, just for a look. That was 40 years ago.

Good to see some things never change: Bridgeport is still the armpit of CT.

=K

Ah, was speaking about New England/Connecticut, not jolly old. Connecticut has many towns named after old towns in Great Britain, one of which was renamed in shortened form to reflect the colonial times. I used to live in Simsbury, CT, which was named after Simondsbury, in England. Lots of of Connecticut towns refers back to old England. Likewise with Massachusetts.

Granville MA's Country Store has some pretty good farmed handmade cheddar, ranging from medium to extra sharp, and smoked. They used to put out something called "Stinky Cheddar" which has been aged accordingly, but it's difficult to find that nowadays.
Ha, yeah I realise that. Though I meant the place up the road called cheddar is where cheddar cheese got it's name

I am now craving Red Leicester. I could happily live on tea & sandwiches

More often than not I am at sea or Norway but live in Scotland, highlander, which is kind of like England except less people, quieter & normally has worse weather, but roll on global warming, co2 has been ace for scottish summers

Sorry to disappoint, but I never work with just the Tip.

Fnar!

I am now craving Red Leicester. I could happily live on tea & sandwiches

More often than not I am at sea or Norway but live in Scotland, highlander, which is kind of like England except less people, quieter & normally has worse weather, but roll on global warming, co2 has been ace for scottish summers

Tell me about it! 9am and it’s 17c already. Shame I have to work today!

Grew up in New England and after college in CT, I moved to Dallas, just for a look. That was 40 years ago.

Good to see some things never change: Bridgeport is still the armpit of CT.

=K

The traffic situation in the southwest corner of CT is less than desirable, as is city life. Head towards Fairfield County and Greenwich, closer to NYC, and the standard of living improves measurably...

And yes, Bridgeport would not be my choice of places to live in CT. Perhaps Norfolk where Infinity Music Theater is located, just to be able to attend, and for the wide open rural spaces, but certainly not Bridgeport...

Back