What's on your list?

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
So I've done a lot of thinking the past few months(dangerous, I know). :iamconfused: :biggrin: I decided that I want to figure out what gear I REALLY want and intend to buy in the next few years. I'm not much of a gear flipper. I don't like selling stuff I like. So I decided it's time to make a list and start checking things off. 1) My private stock - it's spec'd out. This is the first and largest thing. Will require me to sell a few things to make it happen. But, it's something I've always wanted and I can't get the guitar any other way because it doesn't and won't exist unless I go PS. 2) PRS 4x12 cab - I just want one. 3) PRS Tonare Grand - this will take me awhile. I'll either need a stellar deal, used or something weird to happen for it to fall into my lap. 4) A maple necked guitar with a trem. I'd love a SASNF or studio, but they're sorta hard to come by. It's not real high on my list, but I definitely want one someday. So what's on YOUR list? Things you really intend on buying.

I'm looking to downsize equipment-wise (not guitars) at this point, trying to move my 50w recto and get a lower watt head or combo that has switchable wattages, hopefully with a low watt (1w or 5w) setting for apartment grooving' as well as a 25w-30w setting for small club gigs. I've looked around at stuff, and the mini heads out there on the market are kinda nice, maybe I'll make a thread about it in the future. Until I move my 50w and make a move on a head or combo, I'll be looking at a distortion pedal to rock with my small Roland "beater" amp. A Spirit 25, loud but has a crappy distortion sound.

Otherwise I want an Artist grade 10-top faded charcoal burst Hollobody II with Piezo...........................new, not used..................................................OK OK I gotta write a hit song before I can buy one of those.:biggrin:

Thinking a triple pack of P-90s for my SE EG, prob these ones just because, well, Serg.

P90-Hx-Gold.png

Then a home for my uncovered \m/s and 59/09, was thinking Chris Henderson but after playing my buddies SC-58 on the weekend, maybe a Stripper and getting busy with a router.

After that, prob spend a while saving for a PS. Pretty much have the specs sorted out, just other projects/purchases keep getting in the way (e.g. I may get some custom Fralins for my Santana proto first...)

Maybe some hand surgery, then once I recover maybe I'll learn to play guitar. You know, with actual lessons and everything. :biggrin:

I want a brand new SC250 with an adjustable bridge like that comes on the Zach Myers.
Like this :D
Guess I would have to go Private Stock for one 'eh?
Wish they made this, the only other choice off the shelf is the Tremonti.

SC250VIOLINBURST.jpg

A PRS 513, a smallish PA and a mic, a "real" bass guitar (I have a fender squire), a bass amp & cabinet, a guitar technician, a sound mixer :biggrin:, the list goes on (and on - just ask my very patient wife)

Other than being 20 yrs younger and knowing what I think I know now there is nothing on my list. Maybe a smaller amp than the mk v but it's not a must have.

My list? 1- 30th anny CU24, 2- Mira SH, 3- Orange Rockerverb 100 mk3 (or 50, still want to play with both side by side) and the closed back 2x12, and lastly, a PS which is about 60% spec'd, but it's gonna wait until I get my new bike

Wish list?

Whirled Peas and Bathe the Whales...

oh, musical wish list.

...saving enough for my PS.

Last edited:
I'm looking to downsize equipment-wise (not guitars) at this point, trying to move my 50w recto and get a lower watt head or combo that has switchable wattages, hopefully with a low watt (1w or 5w) setting for apartment grooving' as well as a 25w-30w setting for small club gigs. I've looked around at stuff, and the mini heads out there on the market are kinda nice, maybe I'll make a thread about it in the future. Until I move my 50w and make a move on a head or combo, I'll be looking at a distortion pedal to rock with my small Roland "beater" amp. A Spirit 25, loud but has a crappy distortion sound.

Otherwise I want an Artist grade 10-top faded charcoal burst Hollobody II with Piezo...........................new, not used..................................................OK OK I gotta write a hit song before I can buy one of those.:biggrin:
I forget, is your Mesa a head or combo?

Pedals: I might replace by Boss OC-3 with a Digitech Drop. It does what I use the OC-3 for, and a lot more.

Guitars: I wish I could check out a Vela locally. I hesitate to drop $100 on round trip shipping from an online dealer and get nothing out of it should I choose to return it. I also have had GAS for a 335 style guitar, but I'm looking at the Japanese market copies, Edwards, Tokai, etc.

Amps: Still satisfied after all these years.

Other: We've been running these powered PM12A Carvin speakers as part of the PA. We've had some problems with them so I was trying to decide between spending $60 per speaker to convert them to passive speakers (Carvin sells just such a kit) and buying a power amp, or just replacing them entirely.

Back