N.O.S Valves (tubes in US money), what's your fave

Western Electric, who are making very good (and incredibly expensive) new 300B tubes in the US, have said that their 12AX7 would be introduced this past summer. That hasn't happened yet.

They say they plan to have 6L6s, EL34s, 6V6s, etc., on offer soon as well, at prices less expensive than NOS.

Um...ok, we're waiting..... [insert 'We're Waiting' internet meme from Some Stupid Movie I've Forgotten The Name Of]

I'm kinda hoping I'll still be on the planet when these finally get put on the market, because their 300B is supposed to be all that.

Western Electric, who are making very good (and incredibly expensive) new 300B tubes in the US, have said that their 12AX7 would be introduced this past summer. That hasn't happened yet.

They say they plan to have 6L6s, EL34s, 6V6s, etc., on offer soon as well, at prices less expensive than NOS.

Um...ok, we're waiting..... [insert 'We're Waiting' internet meme from Some Stupid Movie I've Forgotten The Name Of]

I'm kinda hoping I'll still be on the planet when these finally get put on the market, because their 300B is supposed to be all that.
Their 300B valve is $699 apiece. I will be stunned if they start competing with $30/piece 12AX7 market

Their 300B valve is $699 apiece. I will be stunned if they start competing with $30/piece 12AX7 market
They won't be in the thirty buck market. I'm guessing the 70 buck market, a bit below NOS. We'll see. So far, we haven't seen product.

The word from the company is the tubes will be more down to earth in price.

At $70 or less I'm ok with buying a handful of12AX7s for specific purposes - V1,V2, matched and nearly-matched sides for PI etc. That's what I've effectively been paying for the ANOS/NOS stuff I've been building up over the past couple of years anyway. As a result of my buying habits, however, I'm only good for relatively small numbers as a purchaser: it's amp builders who need the most convincing, I reckon.

On the assumption that their products work as well, sound as good, and prove as durable as my old stock tubes I'd be in nonetheless; put them at or over $100 and they'll have to sound and work better than old Mullards, Philips, GE, RCA, Siemens etc....which would be pretty unlikely IMO.

Back