What's on everyone's Christmas wish list?

I think I was a good boy this year. I sent my wife a link to a flattop green SantannaSE and it is gone at Daves. Hope it is heading my. Will be my first SE and plan a few changes but am going to play bone stock for a while to find out the potential issues to fix.

I wish for health, wealth, happiness, and peace for everyone.
For myself, I just finished paying off my private stock 594, which I won't see till about 400 numbers ahead of mine are finished first. It took me all of this year to achieve this, but I still have only played a couple of the S2 PRSi. There isn't a 594 anywhere near me. So while I wait for that, I've decided to save up for a Metropoulus Metroplex, a new Vigier Expert, and maybe a Tele. That should take care of 2017 and part of 2018. Had I not ordered a private stock 594, I could have bought all of the above named gear and had enough left over for hookers and blow!

No music gear on my list this year. Ain't nothing I need or want, or have the time to attend to properly even if I did get it.
Starting to "pare down" in life a bit. For example I have a Conklin 7-string bass, a Warwick fretless, a few other really nice basses... but I've not played bass in any group context in years, and those instruments are really just gathering dust because my bassist won't play them. So it might be time to let them go, and just have one or two functional basses in the studio. Likewise the golf clubs. I used to be good at the game, even broke par on some great courses back in the day. But I injured my back a few years ago, and my game has been horrendous ever since. So it might be time to sell off a couple sets of clubs. Etc.

Can't really think of any thing I want for Xmas. Just health and happiness for all around me.... including all of you.

First off, thank you for the well wishes.
Second off, really looking forward to your guitar! I really like the idea of the carbon fiber truss rod. Something to keep in mind.
Third off, based on the financials you discussed, remind me not to utilize your hookers or blow....!

Kevin

I wish for health, wealth, happiness, and peace for everyone.
For myself, I just finished paying off my private stock 594, which I won't see till about 400 numbers ahead of mine are finished first. It took me all of this year to achieve this, but I still have only played a couple of the S2 PRSi. There isn't a 594 anywhere near me. So while I wait for that, I've decided to save up for a Metropoulus Metroplex, a new Vigier Expert, and maybe a Tele. That should take care of 2017 and part of 2018. Had I not ordered a private stock 594, I could have bought all of the above named gear and had enough left over for hookers and blow!

Pretty positive I haven't been good enough for the elves to build me a Private Stock, but I'm sure Santa has my specs on hand just in case.

Realistically, I'm hoping for a leather PRS strap. I have loved and gotten great use out of my cheap nylon Ernie Ball straps, but since acquiring my 594 I have realized a guitar of that caliber needs something more befitting.

Got a couple stomp boxes on the wish list for the ever-evolving pedal board.

Aside from that: peace and love and good happiness stuff.

My wish list:

P1012680__49016.1462914125.1280.1280.jpg

DSC_4613__15436.1460948638.1280.1280.JPG

I'd love to find an SE Bernie Marsden under the tree on Christmas morning...but I stand better odds of Bernie, himself, showing up.

I can't find a great SE Marsden, to save my life.

Bah, humbug!

There is a used one currently on eBay in the US, Wildwire Guitars in the UK still has one in Black Cherry, and some Eastern European shop still has one in Santana Yellow. Really tough to get hold of them now...

Great shirt! The wifie and I just love cats. :)
Yeah, me too. If I ever win the lottery, I'm starting a dog and cat sanctuary with my sister.

Also a big post-punker. And that album cover is just a classic. When the Mickey Mouse one came out, I hesitated, otherwise I would have had one.

There is a used one currently on eBay in the US, Wildwire Guitars in the UK still has one in Black Cherry, and some Eastern European shop still has one in Santana Yellow. Really tough to get hold of them now...

Indeed, they are.

I am dying to get one as a project guitar...keeping the bones, but upgrading the meat (BK pups, Mann Bridge and Tuners, Tusq nut, and NYXL 10s).

I check the usual places, daily...but having little luck.

Maybe the red-coated fat b@stard will treat me right this year and drop one under the tree? I was sure to leave enough room for it...just in case he hadn't heard about that unfortunate donkey incident back in March.

The used market (think Craigslist) has them all the time.

Well, I don't think I'll be getting the 594 this year...

31567577201_333e9e9b03_z.jpg

31563598682_752f955d8a_z.jpg

Although I will be getting around in the snow much better!

Ough, ough, ough! (Like Tim Taylor in Home Improvement)
I really like this truck. An authentic man's machine :cool:

Well, I've kinda been out of control lately, and I've picked up 4 guitars in the last two months! My latest find was an absolutely flawless SE CU24 30th in Trampas Green with an Ebony fret board, and binding around the body, neck and head stock. I'm not an expert in things PRS, but I believe the ebony fret board and binding were offered on some sort of limited edition run?!?! Anyway, I got it for what I feel was a steal! It's like brand new, not a single ding, mark, swirl or scratch. I just ordered a Mann NOS bridge and a new USA nut for it (I admit it...I am addicted to tinkering with stuff).

So, I feel a little bit guilty asking Santa for anything else...but I'm really digging the SE Santana signature! I really want to try the short scale length for a while, and I like the body shape and the fat neck on that guitar. Yellow, of course...

Back