What's on everyone's Christmas wish list?

I waver so much it's just silly, so it's <INSERT CORE MODEL HERE> in Livingston Lemondrop. Or maybe Burnt Maple Leaf. Or possibly Bruise Burst...

Joe Walsh coming to Seattle would be nice.

Good stuff guys. I'm digging all the gear mentioned. I don't think my SE is a bad guitar by any means. But I do hope to have a core PRS within a couple of years.
Nothing wrong with SEs at all. I've told people for years that my SEs would blow a Gibson LP Studio out of the water for at least 30-35% less money. Especially if you take the time to set them up right and tweak them to your liking. I own 4 SEs, but have played dozens of PRSi (Core, S2, and SE) over the years. And I have to say that there's a reason established pros even use SEs, even totally stock.

Nothing wrong with SEs at all. I've told people for years that my SEs would blow a Gibson LP Studio out of the water for at least 30-35% less money. Especially if you take the time to set them up right and tweak them to your liking. I own 4 SEs, but have played dozens of PRSi (Core, S2, and SE) over the years. And I have to say that there's a reason established pros even use SEs, even totally stock.

+100!

I have had 2 SE models and played plenty more. They are fantastic, and absolutely the best bang for the buck. I gigged a Navarro SE for quite a while. If it hadn't been for the location of the pup switch, I'd still have it. Just can't get used to having that control behind the bridge. I'm probably going to get the Zach Myers SE, too. Having 3 core models, I don't see it as "once you go core, you'll never go back". Cores are great, but not every guitar has to be the one you want to be buried with. Also, I wind up changing hardware on my cores just as much as with the SEs. So it's not like they're perfect for me out of the factory anyway.

Personally, I'd prefer to just gig SE, as the risk of damage or theft makes me worry about the guitars I leave on stage.

My #1 Christmas wish is to get my health back, been sick for over 2 months now and every time they knock one thing out, something else pops up! Not fun! If I get that back by the new year, I'll be EXTREMELY thankful! :)

For realistic Christmas Wish List items, my Holcomb project should be here before Christmas and that thought warms my frosty little heart right up! :p;)

This thread got a bit more deep than I thought it would. Digging everyone's responses

Well since it's a wish list definitely an Eriza Verde Signature Limited...gonna have to wait on that one :(

In all honesty, if I'm being realistic, I want to come up with some plastic covers for my pickups with polepiece holes for both coils. I don't like the open-coil look but I don't like how metal covers round off the tone. And a new bridge for my 2001 Santana SE.

When it comes to the guitar side, I just ordered a Zilla Modern 2*12 with celecrion creambacks 12M. Should get some production shots from Paul (from Zilla cabs) today. So much looking forward to it. Second would be to test a 594. the stores in my area currently don't have them in stock.

peace on earth, good will towards men.
never gonna happen in our respective lifetimes.
sadly.

Back