What the heck...

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5962

is going on here? I've been a daily regular here for a while now, except for a few days when on vacation. Early this week, I had workout night, had to go out the next night, ball game Wednesday night. So I wasn't around much and only had time to quick check the amp and guitar forums.

So tonight I have time and start wondering around general... Sergio is leaving, threads getting locked down. Did I miss something? If Sergio is gone, who will I have to pick on now? Who will post outrageous avatar pics? I'd like to propose a new rule that states that you can't leave the forum until I have heard you play guitar. Can I get a second on that?

(Ok, trying to joke around, but seriously. Bummed :()

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to propose a new rule that states that you can't leave the forum until I have heard you play guitar.

I'll second it.

BTW, Sergio did post some clips of his playing with his current band, and maybe some really early stuff he did, too.

is going on here? I've been a daily regular here for a while now, except for a few days when on vacation. Early this week, I had workout night, had to go out the next night, ball game Wednesday night. So I wasn't around much and only had time to quick check the amp and guitar forums.

So tonight I have time and start wondering around general... Sergio is leaving, threads getting locked down. Did I miss something? If Sergio is gone, who will have to pick on now? Who will post outrageous avatar pics? I'd like to propose a new rule that states that you can't leave the forum until I have heard you play guitar. Can I get a second on that?

(Ok, trying to joke around, but seriously. Bummed :()
I'll second Les' second

and here's that Sergio live clip
http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/pay-attention-cause-this-is-for-real.14242/

Love the "Sergmeister" clips. I was a tad surprised to see I was a new member the other day...had been traveling for a few jobs ...hopefully it's like being born again...but the first thing that came to my mind was Austin Powers...dang it!!! hope to be around a lot more again.

I am perplexed at what could possibly drive a decent, balanced, and overall good guy like Sergio away. Perhaps it is better that I remain ignorant.

I am perplexed at what could possibly drive a decent, balanced, and overall good guy like Sergio away. Perhaps it is better that I remain ignorant.
I won't pretend to talk for Sergio, or anyone else. There doesn't necessarily have to be anything that "drove" him away. I'll use myself as an example. Up until December 2014 I was a fairly serious PC Gamer (COD mostly). In a competitive league, lots of playing with a handful of regulars. Good group of guys, etc, etc. However, I found myself gaming during the day when I should have been getting some extra work done. Then there were the nights where we were at it until 2:00 in the morning, and then up for work at 4:15. One day I realized I couldn't/shouldn't keep it up. So, I walked away. Haven't played a video game since just after Christmas 2014. I know it's not even close to the same thing, but sometimes a person can get invested in something and realize that they're invested in the wrong thing, or it's taking over, or just affecting your overall quality of life. Sometimes a little perspective goes along way.

Of course, there's always a knock down drag out with a complete turd that could tick you off and make you walk....o_O

Thanks bodia, but my Spidey senses are tingling and suggesting that it isn't merely too much of a good thing.
But it is also none of my business.

This speculation is a little off-putting in just my personal view.

Members arrive, leave and return for their own reasons and in their own time frame. If they wanted everyone to know why, exactly, they would post an explanation.

It's fine to notice someone is absent and to say you miss them. But speculating why they are scarce really shouldn't be part of the conversation.

This is in no way an official moderator's directive, just my view as a member.

Back