What kind of person are you?

When somebody tells me what kind of person that I am,
I'll be sure to pass it along to you.
We are usually two different people. The person we let others see, and the person we know we are. The more those two look like twins, the more we are genuine and comfortable with reality. The more different they look, the more we are phony, and looking for excuses for our behavior. We should aspire to be the former. A lifetime of working on being genuine and grounded in reality (AKA being honest), the more that person we will become.

I'm the type that believes no matter how bad I think I have it, someone always has it worse. We complain in this country about not having what we want instead of being grateful for the needs we have. I m not rich but I've been blessed so richly that I cheer for those who have navigated this life and succeeded. I have a lady in my life that loves me more than I ever imagined and with that I am the richest man in the world, well at least my world!

My family's entire world changed on 11/11/2021 when our only child, a daughter aged 13, was diagnosed with leukemia. I believe our positive outlook has played a big part in her ongoing treatment success. Staying positive all the time with everything going on can be incredibly difficult, but also incredibly important. It's times like these where not having close friends can be a bit of a drag, but I've got more important things to focus on right now.

My family's entire world changed on 11/11/2021 when our only child, a daughter aged 13, was diagnosed with leukemia. I believe our positive outlook has played a big part in her ongoing treatment success. Staying positive all the time with everything going on can be incredibly difficult, but also incredibly important. It's times like these where not having close friends can be a bit of a drag, but I've got more important things to focus on right now.

Sending huge mojo your daughter's way. My dad and wife are both cancer survivors, along with a good friend of mine. Glad to hear her treatment has been successful.

F*ck cancer.

You're right. Attitude is everything. I learned that when I underwent some surgeries for stuff no one wants.

"Les, what kind of person are you?"

"I figure, f#ck 'em. I don't care if they're rich or poor. I'm not a 'kumbaya' kinda guy."

"What about other musicians?"

"Musicians get free indulgences."

"Why's that?"

"Because I can relate to what they go through."

"But you swam through a river of poop back when you practiced law until you got into music. Why don't lawyers get free indulgences?"

"Because success in law is WAY too easy."

"Les, what kind of person are you?"

"I figure, f#ck 'em. I don't care if they're rich or poor. I'm not a 'kumbaya' kinda guy."

"What about other musicians?"

"Musicians get free indulgences."

"Why's that?"

"Because I can relate to what they go through."

"But you swam through a river of poop back when you practiced law until you got into music. Why don't lawyers get free indulgences?"

"Because success in law is WAY too easy."
Do you often have these two way discussions with yourself?
Enlightening.

Absolutely positively cheer people on. Especially my friends. But I’m always happy to see anyone do well.

Sadly, that’s the worst part about living in this crappy little backward a$$ town. I’ve NEVER seen the amount of hatred and jealousy some people display when others do well. It makes me sick to see the envy. It’s just ugly. I just don’t get it??!!! WHY??!!

But the exception to my rule is a thief. Especially one that lies cheats and steals from the people they are supposed to serve. We have a mayor here that has robbed the city blind and these knuckleheads around here think he’s a god. They keep re-electing the crook (supposedly) I.e. he has a published income of 33K a year, yet he and his wife (city clerk) both drive G-Wagons. He didn’t come from money, he’s never owned a business, but his dad was the former mayor and apparently not a good guy that never did a lot for the city. Everytime he runs for office, his challengers always expose how he’s bilked the city for the last 10 years, for literally millions of dollars. He and his cronies are never held accountable and have been known to have police retaliate and/or harass anybody that calls him out. Total “Boss Hogg” situation. And just as laughable. So, yeah I would like to see him get his and not be successful because of his thievery, lies and underhanded deals. But he and people like him are definitely the exception to the rule for me.

Otherwise, I love when people do well and especially you guys. When you buy stuff that’s out of reach for me at the moment, I get excited for y’all and me too, I get to live vicariously through you. (Win! Win!) It also motivates me to save more and get better so I can kinda justify spending so much on a guitar.

So, go forth and win my brothers and sisters and I’ll be right here to pat you on the back! If you don’t win that’s cool too, I’ll still pat you on the back and encourage you the best I can.

Last edited:
Back