What is your Internet speed?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Been using this site for years, and it has been awhile since I checked mine at home.
WOW, Comcast turned up the heat here.
Mine has always been fast, but not this fast.

Click the image to take your own test, then after the results click on share, and choose the forum link and copy to here.

Wow, you guys are blazin'. Seems like every year mine gets faster and cheaper, though.

Technically my service is up to 45 mbps, but I'm on wifi upstairs across the house from the router. Get low 30s when I'm downstairs. Supposedly would get 40s if I connect via ethernet.

From my phone, have 1 bar of reception, prob doesn't change anything.

28 down, 9 up

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1382637124

Edit - I should add I don't have an internet connection at home (by choice). The net in Australia is woeful, expensive and slow, generally cellular connections are faster than fixed. We do have this new NBN thing which is even more expensive and about half as slow as the rest of the world.

Last edited:
4534089495.png

Tearing up with DSL aren't we? :(

Just moved to Charlotte from the UK this evening... And let me tell,you how much I love being in Charlotte... But I digress.

Got this...

vGHQGhZ.jpg

Remember dial up like it was yesterday...

Very disappointed with my upload speeds looking at what you all seem to be getting. Unfortunately my provider doesn't see upload bandwidth as being a high priority.

Last edited:

I'm fine with it, although when I was doing web development, the upload speed was frikkin obnoxiously slow... I had the option to upgrade to a business plan, at almost $400/month, which would have given me a whopping 10Mbps upload... and a static IP, lol, but it wasn't worth it.

Just moved to Charlotte from the UK this evening... And let me tell,you how much I love being in Charlotte... But I digress.

Got this...

vGHQGhZ.jpg

Remember dial up like it was yesterday...

Very disappointed with my upload speeds looking at what you all seem to be getting. Unfortunately my provider doesn't see upload bandwidth as being a high priority.

Cheers and welcome! Glad to have you in North Cackalacky!

4537801187.png

this is at work...DSL is lagging in the performance categories...

When I tried "NEW SERVER" I got this...
4537810116.png

Then I tried dmatthews test and got this...

In conclusion, my computer at work is achingly slow...

Last edited:
My provider just boosted us from 15 mbps to 50.

p.s. How the &^%$ are some of you guys getting 900+???!!!

Last edited:
You can get wildly different results depending on a lot of factors...

Wired vs wireless
2.4ghz vs 5ghz
Whether someone nearby is on the same band as you (if you're on wireless
Distance from exchange
Other devices on network, etc...

I can get my max on 5Ghz wireless or with Ethernet but my 2.4ghz devices get around 25 to 30 download speeds.

Always worth getting the apps that scan the wireless networks and making sure you're on the best channel so interference doesn't slow you down.

Back