What is PRS like for you?

Not sure what you're talking about. I've never seemed or been defensive about people preferring any brand over another brand or being any kind of brand loyal.
So, This is putting words in my mouth a bit. I've said time and time again, whether talking about pedals, amps or guitars that I'll never be loyal to one specific brand because I like seeing what other brands have to offer at their best.
See below, where you claim we are "fanbois, white knights, etc... My question to you is not "why do you like one over the other." My question was what your grounds for saying a $200 Squire was as good as an $800 SE. You found a couple places online where someone else did so, and think that validates your opinion. Most of what I have read says the SE is better than a $200 Squire. That is not being a fanboy. I've played lots of SE's but don't own one. I've played some Squires. I stated my opinion on the comparison of the two. You don't have to agree with it, but don't call me a fanboy because you don't.
I've never got defensive over people's experiences, I think it's the other way around. There's been alot of flip-flopping from some members about my perspectives since I've got here. And that's not because I am constantly changing my perspective but rather because people don't like what I have to say.
No, nobody got defensive over your experiences. And I haven't seen "flip flopping" but I'm not sure what you even mean. Myself and several others, questioned you comparing $200 guitars to $800-$1000 guitars and not saying "I like them about the same," but saying that they were built to the same quality levels. And, saying there were constant known QC issues with SE guitars. WE KNOW there are QC issues with SE guitars. We also know it is a VERY small percentage of them, and not the "common" number that you claim and THAT is why your "experiences" are being questioned. If I buy something and have an issue, and go online and find 7 other people had the issue, but they sold 1 million of them last year, that's not a "common QC issue," it's a RARE issue.
I've stated the pros and cons about the SE line and people try to make it seem like either I'm too inexperienced to make the call or discard the evidence of PRS' quality control issues that have been recorded and exists. I already provided you with videos, threads from this forum and other forums by other people that state exactly what I've claimed. In that same effect, I've stated what I like and don't like about Fender and that's been claimed to be hate as well. I have had nothing but good experiences with both companies but yet speaking truthfully about these experiences or desires have been tainted and twisted a bit.
See my previous comment. You were only questioned when you keep insisting how common these issues are, when statistics don't support that.
My cheap Squiers are quality, they play great, sound great and feel great, despite bring affordable. You keep zero-ing on things you want to capitalize on and discard the positive in what I've said.. not sure why you're not acknowledging that I said that these Squiers that I'm comparing the SE line with are equal to Fender's low grade Mexican guitars- which are still good. Maybe you take insult to that, I don't because I don't feel the need to have loyalty to any company..
Again, I don't take insult to it at all. I don't work at that factory. And I don't say this out of "loyalty to PRS." I say it out of 36 years of playing PRS guitars of all kinds, and 25 years of reading about them in forums.
I have already posted pics and videos of my Custom Shop strats, however I stopped after I was accused of hate for Fender Custom Shop, period.
I think you might need to look up the word "hate" in the dictionary. It has a real meaning, despite the way you used it here.
But why do I need to prove anything to people who have already made up their minds about me?
If you state something that most of a group disagrees with, you can either be offended because someone disagrees with you, or you can explain your position so MAYBE they at least know where you're coming from. When you state something a group disagrees with, don't be offended when they question your perspective. The alternative is that they could respond like they would in many other forums, and just tell you that you either don't know what you're talking about or are a troll. Trust me, in most forums, if you come in new and state something that almost everyone in the group disagrees with, they wouldn't be as friendly in response as we are here. I think you actually know this already.
*Sarcastically* Clearly I have no experience and no idea what I'm talking about. Not only am I incapable of being able to compare the Silver Sky SE to any of those strats. Joking aside, I'm not offended at all.
And more "offended" behavor because someone questioned your perspective...
You stated in the other thread already that it's the first time you've seen someone compare the SE Silver Sky to Squiers, I showed you already that this is indeed very common and has been a thing far before I came along. You seem offended by it and for that I apologize. Don't feel like you have to white knight PRS because it's not by any means an insult to say they are like Squiers with some minor improvements.
I can find a you tube video comparing a Yugo to a Ferrari, if I look around hard enough. It doesn't validate the comparison. Many times people compare products that aren't equals, just to show how close one may be to the other, and not to try to prove they are equals.
There's alot if fanboying and white knighting on the forum which is expected because it's a PRS fan forum, so do I really believe we can discuss the good, bad and the ugly without some backlash? Not at all, already got the backlash lol That doesn't bother me though, like I said, it's kinda expected. Much like a video game console war forum :)
For the 10th or so time, you come in hot, make some claims most don't agree with, and then anyone who disagrees or even asks you questions is a hater, a fayboi, or a white knight. I've stated more than once that I don't care if you like your squire better than an SE and I don't care if you think SE fret problems are "very common." One is preference. The other has statistical data to back it up so it IS subject to question and the data does not support you claim even though someone made a youtube video about it.
The real question now is, regardless of my experience, if I already proved to you that it's common (outside the walls of the forum) for people to make these comparisons vs the handful of members who hang out daily on the forum, what makes your experience mean more than mine or the people who share the same perspective as me? I'm curious. How do you measure the validation or worth of amount of experience
See the previous comment. There are people here who like Les Pauls better than anything PRS has ever made. There are people here who are hard cord Strat guys and a good strat is the ONLY guitar that can ever be 100% perfect for them. This is beyond question. But when you say things that are AT BEST subjective, like a $200 Squire is on par with a $1000 SE, the how can you not expect someone to question you? More importantly, when you state that fret problems are very common on SEs, that is statistically WRONG and SHOULD be questioned anywhere you say it. If you want to complain about SE nuts, go ahead. MANY here replace the nut on most SE models before even bringing the guitar home from the shop. If you don't like their electronics, replace them with US made. But "uneven frets" and snaggly undressed fret ends are not common issues with these guitars.

Last edited:
See below, where you claim we are "fanbois, white knights, etc... My question to you is not "why do you like one over the other." My question was what your grounds for saying a $200 Squire was as good as an $800 SE.
I've answered your question multiple times and yet I'm penalized for you ignoring my response? Okay. I'll repeat my grounds again, maybe you'll finally come to accept them instead of claiming I've never answered you. First off, the body is ultra light weight Poplar, Squiers make great use of Poplar while Fender does not. It's plain and simple. The Maple neck version of the Silver Sky, on paper is similar to a Fender Strat and on feel is identical to a Squier Affinity Telecaster, which is nothing like a Fender Stratocaster. The sound of Silver Sky pickups is also very similar to that of the Squier Alnico V pickups, which sound very different from any Fender Stratocaster pickups. Compressed, and straight forward.

Have you played either? More importantly, have you played both in the same room, in one sitting? Likely not.
You found a couple places online where someone else did so, and think that validates your opinion. Most of what I have read says the SE is better than a $200 Squire.
I'd say it's about half of half, I know it's hard for you to believe but people do in fact, hold Squier at high esteem. So it'snot uncommon or unheard of that someone would be or could be just as happy or happier with a Squier over the PRS SE. orb. I recorded a comparison video and uploaded it on my YouTube but then canceled it at the processing stage. I was gonna post it here but I figured members wouldn't react realistically, and it would just cause ruckus. My results were pretty much the same as many other people who have done a similar comparison video.
That is not being a fanboy. I've played lots of SE's but don't own one. I've played some Squires. I stated my opinion on the comparison of the two. You don't have to agree with it, but don't call me a fanboy because you don't.
We're getting ahead of ourselves here. I never claimed you were a fanboy because you disagree with me. I claimed the forum is a fanboy/white knighting ground, which is true. It's okay to be a fanboy, that's not an insult. Fanboying and being a fanboy is naturally normal on a fan forum such as this. Question is, why are you so upset over it?
No, nobody got defensive over your experiences. And I haven't seen "flip flopping" but I'm not sure what you even mean. Myself and several others, questioned you comparing $200 guitars to $800-$1000 guitars and not saying "I like them about the same," but saying that they were built to the same quality levels. And, saying there were constant known QC issues with SE guitars. WE KNOW there are QC issues with SE guitars. We also know it is a VERY small percentage of them, and not the "common" number that you claim and THAT is why you're "experiences" are being questioned. If I buy something and have an issue, and go online and find 7 other people had the issue, but they sold 1 million of them last year, that's not a "common QC issue," it's a RARE issue.
Kinda strange you feel the need to speak for everybody. Sure seems like you got offended and defensive.

I don't think you and I are talking about the same area of flip-flopping flopping here. I'm talking about how quickly people have claimed that I hate Fender based on one post and then act like or loosely imply that I hate PRS based on another post. I just notice how the same people agree with the person who states each comment. Strange...
See my previous comment. You were only questioned when you keep insisting how common these issues are, when statistics don't support that.
Where are these statistics exactly? I'm curious.
Again, I don't take insult to it at all. I don't work at that factory. And I don't say this out of "loyalty to PRS." I say it out of 36 years of playing PRS guitars of all kinds, and 25 years of reading about them in forums.
It seems like you are pretty hellbent on defending them though. I mean, I don't care either way. Like I said, I am enjoying the guitars but it's strange that I state my thoughts and it has bothered you so much enough to argue like this over.
I think you might need to look up the word "hate" in the dictionary. It has a real meaning, despite the way you used it here.
I think you may need to look up what slang means and how it's used. I know what you just did was meant as a jab but it was a poor one at that.
If you state something that most of a group disagrees with, you can either be offended because someone disagrees with you, or you can explain your position so MAYBE they at least know where you're coming from. When you state something a group disagrees with, don't be offended when they question your perspective. The alternative is that they could respond like they would in many other forums, and just tell you that you either don't know what you're talking about or are a troll. Trust me, in most forums, if you come in new and state something that almost everyone in the group disagrees with, they wouldn't be as friendly in response as we are here. I think you actually know this already.
This would be true and applicable if we weren't on a PRS forum... but we are so variables are different. Ask at any non-PRS forum and you'll get a fair result. It's okay to be partial, biased but in a debate like this, it's not accurate.
And more "offended" behavor because someone questioned your perspective...
Not offended when you constantly ignore my answers. I'm not sure why you keep on trying to reverse it on me. I keep asking you to show me where you claim I do things but you could never answer and still don't.
I can find a you tube video comparing a Yugo to a Ferrari, if I look around hard enough. It doesn't validate the comparison. Many times people compare products that aren't equals, just to show how close one may be to the other, and not to try to prove they are equals.
Cars are not like guitars. So not sure what you're getting at here. The car would be more comparable to the person's knowledge of music theory and ability. Bad analogy.
For the 10th or so time, you come in hot, make some claims most don't agree with, and then anyone who disagrees or even asks you questions is a hater, a fayboioi, or a white knight. I've stated more than once that I don't care if you like your squire better than an SE and I don't care if you think SE fret problems are "very common." One is preference. The other has statistical data to back it up so it IS subject to question and the data does not support you claim even though someone made a youtube video about it.
You're putting words inbmy mouth again and I can tell you're super frustrated ad you wrote this. All I can say is maybe take a chill pill next comment you write 😆
See the previous comment. There are people here who like Les Pauls better than anything PRS has ever made. There are people here who are hard cord Strat guys and a good strat is the ONLY guitar that can ever be 100% perfect for them. This is beyond question. But when you say things that are AT BEST subjective, like a $200 Squire is on par with a $1000 SE, the how can you not expect someone to question you? More importantly, when you state that fret problems are very common on SEs, that is statistically WRONG and SHOULD be questioned anywhere you say it. If you want to complain about SE nuts, go ahead. MANY here replace the nut on most SE models before even bringing the guitar home from the shop. If you don't like their electronics, replace them with US made. But "uneven frets" and snaggly undressed fret ends are not common issues with these guitars.
I got my Silver Sky SE for $679, I got my Santana SE for $679. Not sure where you're getting your "facts" from but I've never seen either for $1000 but okay, you just continue to bend the truth if you wish, I'll just post these.
Lastly, people prefer cheaper guitars all the time. I could and have already given you proof of people who prefer an SE Silver Sky over a Core Silver Sky, a Squier Strat over a Silver Sky SE, a Mexican Strat over an American Strat. The list goes on. You're angry, I get it but you need to retain reality a bit better in the anger.

I'd be willing to bet that a Squier Strat and the Silver Sky cost around the same to make, manufacture and package. Just saying. If there's one last thing to say it's this:
Thanks for the passion and taking all that time to write me. I'm not nor have I ever been offended, defensive, or whatever you want to put there. I enjoyed reading your responses but I'm 99.9% sure you didn't enjoy mine. Hopefully I answered all your questions, not sure where else you want to go with this. I feel like it would just continue to go into circles.

Last edited:
I'll go a step further.

On paper, my wife and I SHOULD be an absolute freakin train wreck that people can't look away from!

She is red hair Irish, very outgoing, extremely confident and very successful.

I am stubborn and determined to get what I want and need.

We have some interesting differences of opinion at times that can get very heated.

But we have wicked chemistry that brings it all home. Weird stuff.
AHA! You could have stopped at "red head." You lucky, lucky man!

Steve, I'm not sure why you're being subjected to verbal aggressiveness. I'm a fanboy after 50+ years of playing, but I also know that there are other guitars out there. Don't let this dissuade you from offering your opinions.

Well I am screwed, glued and tattooed. After 37 years of playing the brand, and reading about them in forums since forums were a thing, it appears that suddenly and recently there HAVE been issues with fret sprout on the SEs!

Let this be a lesson to all the experienced people not to blow off newbies as trolls when they come in saying things that you know aren’t true, because apparently the bar has slipped and 30 years of experience is immediately trumped by a bad run. I stand corrected. And pissed! :mad: I may joke a lot but I don’t spew crap when I don’t know what I’m talking about. Guess the “facts “ have changed and now . I will no longer pretend to know what they are anymore.

Last edited:
Steve, I'm not sure why you're being subjected to verbal aggressiveness. I'm a fanboy after 50+ years of playing, but I also know that there are other guitars out there. Don't let this dissuade you from offering your opinions.

I agree with this to a certain extent Paul, however there are ways of saying things and there are ways of saying things.

I’m happier when things are peaceful and positive here.

I’m not gonna start a fight with someone over guitars. They’re guitars after all.

However a little decorum and humility goes a long way.

Love you brother ❤️

A guitar is just that: a guitar. Until you put it in the hands of a person.
Then, like a person, the personality comes through. Typically a similar personality to the person playing it. And we are all of unique and different personalities. Good, bad, indifferent, happy, sad, pleasant, angry...minor, major, diminished if you will. We all exhibit emotional states that help develop us into our own personality.
I don't try to be the best at anything or better than someone else, only better than what I was yesterday; hopefully tomorrow I'm better than I am today.
Enter and read a conversation neither to refute nor agree, but to weigh and ponder. Then allow things take their natural course. Hopefully with some balance.
Works for me anyway😉

A guitar is just that: a guitar. Until you put it in the hands of a person.
Then, like a person, the personality comes through. Typically a similar personality to the person playing it.
Then allow things take their natural course.
So you're saying, when my wife gets home tonight, I should take her in my hands and play her like a PRS?

Ok, sounds a little funny, but Ima try it and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

Back