What is Goldtop listening to?

In my previous post I talked about milk and cookies. Then I stumbled over this video from Clint Black. Yay! (There are lots of Christmas songs about milk and cookies; this is one of them.) :flute:

Goldtop, who likes to dunk 'em

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Ernest Tubb... Wherever he is, he'll be 'Walkin' the Floor This Christmas'.

Goldtop

Woody Guthrie doing "The Hanukkah Dance".

The Goldtop Dance

Right now I'm listening to some older Rainbow (the Graham Bonnet and Cozy Powell version) - "All Night Long".

Goldtop

Hanukkah will soon be complete, and in honor of that I thought I'd post some of the holiday music I've been listening to. I may also mix in some things in memory of Joe Cocker...

This is Matisyahu doing "Miracle".

Goldtop Lloyd

This is "Chanuka, Oh Chanuka" by Theodore Bikel.

Goldtop Lloyd

Ahhhhh, Joe... Another one of my favorites gone. This is an extended version of "When the Night Comes". A few extra minutes of guitar added on? That'll work!

Goldtop Lloyd

The Three Stooges - Moe, Larry, and Joe - doing "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas". Like most men I've ever asked, I dig The Stooges! *

Goldtop

* My favorite Stooge is Shemp. Which one is yours?

Obscure Goldtop Trivia: I've never had a latke. Probably because (A) I'm not Jewish, and (B) I'm not a big potato fan. I've had my share of fries and baked potatoes of course, but if I never have another potato dish I'm good. When the subject comes up and I happen to mention that when it comes to spuds I can take 'em or leave 'em, most of my fellow Texans look at me like I've lost my mind!

Anyway, this latke recipe looks good. I'm getting hungry!

Goldtop

Santa Cookies! Let's do it! Of course, these would be fine for us citizens, but I don't think they'd be a suitable snack to leave for Santa himself. If you did that, it could result in a weird form of self-cannabalism... Just imagine: Santa takes a break in Portsmouth, or Sausalito, or Terlingua, or Madrid, or wherever. He grabs his phone and calls The North Pole to check in with Mrs. Claus. She says 'How is it going, Dear?' and he says 'Pretty good. I'm stopping for a snack and to let the reindeer have a rest. Blitzen got hit in the eye by a moth and it's bothering him a little.' Mrs. C. asks 'What are you having for a snack?' and Santa says 'My own head!' Not good.

Goldtop

Happy Wednesday everybody. It's Hump Day, it's the last day of Hanukkah, it's Christmas Eve, and it's possibly the last work day of the week for many fortunate people. The first thing I listened to today - and decided to share here - was Jerry Reed doing "Christmas Time's a Comin'".

Goldtop Lloyd

This is a young lady from the Washington DC/Virginia/Maryland area named Jennifer Warren Baker doing a thing called "The Dreidel Boogie". Yes!

Goldtop (AND Natural) DGT with Birds Boogie

Joe Cocker and "You Can Leave Your Hat On". You can indeed...

Goldtop Lloyd

It's a little after 10 PM Texas time on Christmas eve. I just saw some early radar reports on the news and it appears that "The Big Red Man" is doing his thing! Oh, Mama!!!

Before it officially becomes Christmas - in my time zone anyway :laugh: - I'm listening to some more Hanukkah music. I have to say that I only started listening to a lot of this music in the last year or two, and I really like it. This may sound silly, but there is a certain light-heartedness about some of it that I really enjoy. And anytime I can find more music to enjoy I'm a happy guy!

This is Stand Four doing "Eight Nights".

Goldtop

The Pella Singers doing "Holiday Party/Tonight Tonight". Voices only; no instruments.

Goldtop Party

The groove on this song is almost too good to be a X-mas tune.

This is Mama Doni doing "Chanukah Fever". She's 'latke-fied'!

Goldtop

Back