What gauge and string brand on PRS SE Custom 24

Thank you, do you know what brand the factory used originally in 2010?

I guess I am different I use Ernie Ball 8/S, however from the PRS site;

Changing String Gauges
If you decide to change your string gauges from the factory installed string gauges, please be sure to remember that the guitar may need to be set-up to accommodate this change. This may include checking the action, intonation, neck relief, pickup height, and nut slots of the instrument. We set-up the guitars at our factory with the following string gauges:

Most solidbody instruments are factory set-up with 10 - 46 gauge strings.

All SE* instruments are factory set-up with 9 - 42 gauge strings (except for the Mike Mushok Baritone, which is set-up with D?Addario XL157 - 14-68). *SE Bernie Marsden comes setup with 10-46 gauge strings.

The DGT is factory set up with 11 - 49 gauge strings with unwound 3rd.

The non-piezo Hollowbody models are factory set-up with 10 - 46 gauge strings. The piezo equipped Hollowbody models are factory set up with 11 - 49 gauge strings with a wound 3rd.

I like the feel and the tone of the PRS 9-42 strings that came with the guitar when I bought it, so I stick to them.

Those are called the PRS classics now...and if core 10-46 or 9-42 SE. However...you can choose any brand of strings...strings like picks are a personal flavor. Sure there are different quality levels..but across brands..it is a attuned taste.

https://us.prsaccessories.com/collections/guitar-strings/products/prs-9-42-electric-guitar-strings
Thank you, I really like the tone of the strings I now have and would like to if possible replace them with the same brand, they are 10s, my fingers tell me so! I am leaning to the D'Addarios if I cannot find the exact ones it came with. All my fenders have 9s and I like them on Strats and Teles but this PRS Santana Signature is a different animal!

I like the feel and the tone of the PRS 9-42 strings that came with the guitar when I bought it, so I stick to them.

Thanks, mine came with 10s and the have a tone that is just perfect for certain songs I play, so I would like to find the exact brand and type if I can.

Back