What do you think of this top?

That top is very similar to the 89 I just picked up. In person you can see all the darker vertical lines and Mby the top is a bit un interesting but when you take a picture she looks better than most tops.
These kind of tops are very unique in the sense that up close you can point fingers but in pictures and at a distance they are just to die for, especially when lighting is introduced.

ilLZlbX.jpg

That top is very similar to the 89 I just picked up. In person you can see all the darker vertical lines and Mby the top is a bit un interesting but when you take a picture she looks better than most tops.
These kind of tops are very unique in the sense that up close you can point fingers but in pictures and at a distance they are just to die for, especially when lighting is introduced.

ilLZlbX.jpg

Wow!

Some progress has been made, they have sent me some pics and the weight (for me ) is perfect for this style of guitar at 8 lbs. I have asked them to invoice me, so hopefully that goes smoothly. Fingers crossed! :)

Some progress has been made, they have sent me some pics and the weight (for me ) is perfect for this style of guitar at 8 lbs. I have asked them to invoice me, so hopefully that goes smoothly. Fingers crossed! :)
Nice!

This is the response and some pics I got from the salesperson today, I think he highlighted the "dullness" of the parts to egg me on :) Once I saw the tarnished brass, the deal was done for me. Some guys pay a lot of extra dough for that, especially on vintage repro models ;)

Hello Phil,

Sorry for late my response...

Please find attached photos and check those.
Guitar weight is 3.63kg, and there are dullness on parts.

Thank you,

This is the response and some pics I got from the salesperson today, I think he highlighted the "dullness" of the parts to egg me on :) Once I saw the tarnished brass, the deal was done for me. Some guys pay a lot of extra dough for that, especially on vintage repro models ;)

Hello Phil,

Sorry for late my response...

Please find attached photos and check those.
Guitar weight is 3.63kg, and there are dullness on parts.

Thank you,

That is just smokin' hot!

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! (catching my breath) Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

I'm trying, practically begging them to take my money, but they move on their own time scales :rolleyes:.

Really? I would be dying if it were me.

I love everything about this one. The pores kinda poking through the clear.. Is it Nitro? The sinking on the top and the overall old-school vibe makes it a really badass guitar in my mind. That guitar belongs with you, buddy.

Back