What do y'all do for a living?

ahahahahahah yes, I love blues music.
And also I got a Private Stock PRS as my first PRS (really, not kidding).
I'm starting to notice how much a living cliché I am...

We're going to need a photo of you. I'm going to suggest to the forum ADMIN that we pin your photo to the top of the Forum Banner, right next to the Paul Reed Smith Guitars logo, with a title under your photo proclaiming "Resident Blues Lawyer"

They rejected my request to put a picture of Julie Bowen there, but this makes more sense, since the Blues Lawyer ideal is what this forum, and in fact brand, was founded on!

When we're not locked away with our instruments, ignoring friends, family members, hunger, and/or bills, we (unfortunately) need to find a way to fund our gear habit, not to mention all the other, less fun parts of life.

So, what do y'all do for a living? You can be as broad or specific as you feel comfortable with, we don't need to know the GPS coordinates of your cubicle!

I'm bracing myself for all the creative and humorous responses.
You know I have never heard anyone say " when we're not locked away with our instruments" I have been feeling guilty for doing exactly that. I feel a little better now knowing I'm not the only one. We are retired so we're home most of the time, I'm in my music room upstairs and she's watching TV downstairs. I send her an email to see if she ok now and then :)

You know I have never heard anyone say " when we're not locked away with our instruments" I have been feeling guilty for doing exactly that. I feel a little better now knowing I'm not the only one. We are retired so we're home most of the time, I'm in my music room upstairs and she's watching TV downstairs. I send her an email to see if she ok now and then :)

Don't feel bad...just think of it as self care. I figure playing makes me really happy, so I'm more happy in general. Which in turn makes me much easier to put up with according to the Ginger Goddess.

Oh your new...the GG is my wife. :)

I forgot to say, I'm a counselor, I work with the wives of guitar players who feel isolated from their guitar-playing partners or wives who are in their rooms with their instruments. I just tell them not much can be done, it is what it is.
Hmmm, I could see how that could be rewarding work….

Last edited by a moderator:
I retired 6 years ago and was playing in bands until Covid struck. I have health issues which meant I kept out of the way and only recently have ventured to pubs a few times. I was very fond of a few pints but stopped drinking shortly after the virus appeared. I now have a few drinks every few weeks. I'm 64 and uncertain about whether I'll ever be in another gigging band. This was my only hobby, I love playing with other people and am struggling to maintain my enthusiasm playing alone. I'm bored senseless and struggle to make it through the day.
Two words
Home recording

I’ve been in the road construction/ destruction industry for 33 years. Presently I mill roads for repavement. Been at that for the last 4. Paving, grading, milling Superintendent . Not very glamorous.
Glamorous? Who cares? We NEED guys like you out there! I for one firmly believe in the reconstruction/resurface process. The milling of surfaces and reusing the asphalt keeps the grade level from reaching crazy lift height. With our fluctuating temperatures and the way the surface gets beat up it just makes sense to my mind to reuse the product when the base course doesn't need excavating and rebuilding. Even if it doesn't go back down where it came from there's lots of use for the milled product for small businesses and towns that don't have th ecash outlay for brand new paved streets and lots. Full marks man!

Glamorous? Who cares? We NEED guys like you out there! I for one firmly believe in the reconstruction/resurface process. The milling of surfaces and reusing the asphalt keeps the grade level from reaching crazy lift height. With our fluctuating temperatures and the way the surface gets beat up it just makes sense to my mind to reuse the product when the base course doesn't need excavating and rebuilding. Even if it doesn't go back down where it came from there's lots of use for the milled product for small businesses and towns that don't have th ecash outlay for brand new paved streets and lots. Full marks man!
Thank you, friend!!

Back