I started a studio

matt3310

I'm a glutton for punishment. What was I thinking?

So a few months ago my buddy Dave and I was talking about recording. Dave is a Producer/Engineer. And one of the best I've ever worked with. We have been working on recording our 3rd album at various studios. And every time we go to these big name studios we always feel like we are rushed and they just don't care about our project like we do. So I said to Dave let's start our own studio and fix these issues. I want a studio that people can come too, feel comfortable, and get creative. And have a studio that cares about who and what we do.

So I found a place and started building. What a project! The results are so much better than I thought! We designed the rooms from the ground up. Decoupled walls, floors etc. Its a small studio, but HUGE sounds!!

Since I have a very large collection of guitars and amps, I though this was the perfect place to use them. very guitar/amp I have is available to use! Here are a few pics. Much more gear incoming.

KUcTWJv.jpg

i8LOtiy.jpg

AuNxNQD.jpg

P1v9amI.jpg

p7kZlo8.jpg

t89aCGA.jpg

FAtUYuK.jpg

CAIvBVV.jpg

elzYeUk.jpg

QuGmjTl.jpg

XWejH0v.jpg

5pJ42nu.jpg

VH338Kz.jpg

zI6rSlI.jpg

54Zjojg.jpg

yVtTW15.jpg

lCR3q8k.jpg

WBDZSq0.jpg

komSrzJ.jpg

y1dJaVK.jpg

We are officially open! And completely booked up until the end of November!

And you are probably wondering what all this has to do with PRS guitars. Just the fact that we have 28 Core guitars, 3 Private Stocks and 10 SE's avalible to record with! Not to Mention two Archons, and a MT15 ready to be used! Think we can get a PRS endorsement? Hey Shawn!!! :)

How are those guitars gonna work out hanging on the walls in the live room? I’d imagine there’d be some sympathetic vibrations going on.

The lounge looks awesome.

Bit of cardboard tucked into the strings will sort that out just fine. A luthier friend uses this trick (very low tech) on each of his acoustics, in his viewing room.

You’re not wrong though, an acoustic rings out in sympathy with a talking voice at certain frequencies!

WOW! Looks amazing Matt!

I saw the Kemper - when ya gonna start profiling those amps and cabs? :)

Back