WHAT ARE YOUR OTHER INTERESTS?

What are your other hobbies/interests?

• Total voters
I am a custom knife collector. Tactical folders mostly but some fixed blades too.

My collection is not big as it once was but I still have some very nice and quite valuable pieces.

Clay Shooting...

403759185.jpg

Target Shooting...

378189008.jpg

I'm afraid to try Fly Fishing because I don't need another expensive hobby!

Yes J love clay birds I have 20 gauge Winchester 101 that my brother left me.Over and Under from the 70's

I love surfing. My local breaks have had a flux of white sharks (bigger than the ones I usually see), and toxic crude oil seepage. Summer bummer.
Hiking and camping are up there. I cook too.

I love photography just recently got back into it, shooting just picked up my 1st pistol, classic muscle cars & some of the modern ones as well there nice to look at cant afford them though. And pretty much everything art related. It all takes a back seat to guitars and music though hobby wise. The wife always comes 1st.

I love shooting, hunting, photography, and my bike. I just picked up a new Nikon D750, which will do good when we start taking some trips on the Harley next month... I just need to find a much smaller camera bag as my saddle bags and tourpak will be full of essentials we found out this weekend.

I am a custom knife collector. Tactical folders mostly but some fixed blades too.

My collection is not big as it once was but I still have some very nice and quite valuable pieces.

Have you heard of DS&S Tactical? The owners is a pretty cool guy, and makes some killer knives. I just ordered 2 knives from him, for what I feel is a pretty good price considering he's making me exactly what I want... I suppose it was kinda like ordering a PS guitar, lol.

I play tennis 3-4 times a week during the summer. Been playing since I was 7. My tennis racquet collection is much larger than my guitar collection.

Fly-fishing for trout because they don't live in ugly places, can shoot a rifle as those damn tree rats in my pecan have found out, cannot hit the ground with a shotgun (I envy you Jamie), photography when my wife and I go to the mountains which is often, scrimshaw when in the mood and want to make something special for my wife or a friend or someone who wants to commission some work, and used to ride a road bike (the kind w/ pedals) but will probably sell it since I have more hobbies/interests than I have time for. And I wanna concentrate on my rekindled love of the guitar. Oh yeah, I love to sing, can even carry a tune.

The only things that rival my lifelong passion for guitars is , reading, my Baltimore Ravens and the only hobby that claims more budget now that I've grown out of modding my Corvette is my gun arsenal, I'm very pro 2nd amendment and love the joy and stress relief of a day at the range with my bros. I guess being the son of a 3-tour Marine Vietnam Vet turned Leo had me shooting at a young age.

Beside shooting my Glocks and my AR15s at the range and in the mountains, I like to explore old growth forest services roads with others, and also camp in said mountains, and also at the White River campground up at Mt. Rainier.

22.jpg

Food tastes better when you are camping :D

29.jpg

33.jpg

Sleep much better too in the mountain fresh air.

38.jpg

42.jpg

Exploring with others from my off road Toyota forum I run.

9.jpg

28.jpg

A little video from my 2010 Mt. Rainier trip.

[video=vimeo;14281695]https://vimeo.com/14281695[/video]

Apart from guitars I like messing with electronica and I was a full on raver until last August. I also work on the support forums for phpBB. Drinking cider is also quite an important part of my life.

Great idea for a Thread...
Family stuff...Spend days at Flag Ponds Beach looking for fossilized sharks teeth, and relaxing with the family (grand babies!!)
Lots of time with my wife...I got a good one.
My yard...has recently resembled a zoo...snapping turtles, deer, ground hogs...love it!!
NFL Football...Love the Steelers, and the Raven-Steeler Rivalry...My wife wears Purple!!!!
Shooting...Love my Sig pistols...lots of fun.
Disc Golf. Waiting on a new course to open in Manchester, Md.
Headed to Venice, Florida later in the year...relax, walk, etc...
Been to England with my wife a few times and will talk about that endlessly...

Road bike riding (the human powered type) , photos(when we go on a trip - I just about make a documentary), boating (we live 1 mile from the Pacific Ocean - duh ). Music though is still my biggest "hobby".

Beside shooting my Glocks and my AR15s at the range and in the mountains, I like to explore old growth forest services roads with others, and also camp in said mountains, and also at the White River campground up at Mt. Rainier.

22.jpg

Food tastes better when you are camping :D

33.jpg

Sleep much better too in the mountain fresh air.

42.jpg

Exploring with others from my off road Toyota forum I run.

A little video from my 2010 Mt. Rainier trip.

That looks like a lot of fun!

I'm into motorcycling. Currently own suzuki RF900, Kawasaki ZX9R, HD ultra classic and a KTM exc 250. I also have a Honda XR80 for my wife and a suzuki RM80 for my son.

I don't hunt but my brothers and I love to shoot. I have a 357 carry weapon, 440mag revolver, a bolt action 410 that belonged to my uncle that lost his life in Vietnam and a 30-30 that kicks like no other. Got my son a used 22 semi auto rifle to target shoot with. My middle brother has a massive gun collection.

Most of us are passionate about guitars, and my guess is many of us have other passionate interests as well. It might be interesting to connect to discuss other hobbies/interests. So, what are you into?

I had five hobbies that I couldn't do at the same time due to cost issues:

Cycling(I like the good stuff).

Photography(I like the good stuff).

High-End Audio(I like the good stuff).

My Knees are shot and I need a dedicated room for the stereo which leaves me only Table Tennis and Chess(hobbies 2 & 3 respectively). I haven't missed more than 30 days of playing since '78.

Apart from the job and guitars I am also a qualified drug addiction counsellor. It is the other big passion in my life to help in this area where I can.

Besides my guitars my favorite down time activity is a good cigar. Nothing reduces stress like a good cigar and a glass of bourbon in front of my fire pit. When I can get them my favoroite is a cuban Montecristo #2, but also enjoy La Gloria Cubana Series R #6 maduros and Romeo y Juileta Churchills.

I also love to cook. I think I am a frustrated chef and get a kick out of the show Chopped where they give you a handful of ingredients that you have to make something out of. Cooking is anoth relaxer for me and don't consider it a chore at all.

My Camaro and motorcyle aslo give me pleasure, I am lucky to have them both. To some people a car is merely a means of transportation but I enjoy the feel of a strong engine in a good handling package.

I do have a couple of other things I collect besides guitars- Skateboards and potato heads. I love anthything to do with skating and collect vintage boards and wheels, and have a closet full of stuff. And potato heads....not sure where this came from but I dig the character heads and have over fifty of them. My wife approves and I actually got one for fathers day from my daughter.....Breaking Bad head, Fries-enberg.

Back