What Are Your Favorite Amps To Play?

Tonight Is Mesa TC-100 Night.
Please record some clips, even if they're with your phone, and post them. I really want to hear one of those, especially C2 and C3

That said... I "might" play the Bogner tonight. But I am completely slammed from tomorrow on for the next week with the Easter musical drama, so I might just have to play the Mighty Archon tonight since it may not get played for 10 days or so if I don't...

Fender 5E7 clone that I built. That is when I can crank it up. I also enjoy my PRS 30. It is very usable in all situations.

Yesterday was Two Rock Akoya/Groove Tubes Dual 75 day. I set the Akoya up as front end/dry, and the Dual 75 as stereo wet, fed by FTT Ambi-Space. Loop signal was split with the Lehle Sunday Driver into a Morley Tripler; speakers were all Black Shadow Celestions.

Results were fabulous, even at (relatively) lower volume levels. So, finally, my perfect touring rig..... just several decades too late :rolleyes:

Yesterday was Two Rock Akoya/Groove Tubes Dual 75 day. I set the Akoya up as front end/dry, and the Dual 75 as stereo wet, fed by FTT Ambi-Space. Loop signal was split with the Lehle Sunday Driver into a Morley Tripler; speakers were all Black Shadow Celestions.

Results were fabulous, even at (relatively) lower volume levels. So, finally, my perfect touring rig..... just several decades too late :rolleyes:
I Love The FTT Pedals. Great Stuff!

Yes, they are!

Today I've got one of my Boogie MkIIAs running in place of the Akoya, but everything else is carried over from yesterday - FTT, Lehle, Dual 75 and all... and it still sounds great. The fan's a bit rumbly, but they pretty much all get like that eventually.

I've got a Cornish CC-1 in front, and I'm using the (very) rudimentary loop in the IIA.

Last edited:
I met Reinhold just one time at a show, and he was way cooler - and funnier - than most of the other music company guys I've met. He has some great hats too.

By way of contrast, I met Henry Juszkiewicz at another show relatively soon after. Let's just say that he was the polar opposite, in nearly every way it's possible to imagine.

I met Reinhold just one time at a show, and he was way cooler - and funnier - than most of the other music company guys I've met. He has some great hats too.

By way of contrast, I met Henry Juszkiewicz at another show relatively soon after. Let's just say that he was the polar opposite, in nearly every way it's possible to imagine.
Reinhold Is The Epitome Of A Good Time And That Could Mean ANYTHING.

Continuing with my main Boogie MkIIA , which is the same spec as the one I had back in the last Century, before I parked the Mesas and started using Two Rocks in the mid-Noughties. I've been sticking with the Cornish CC-1, FTT Ambi-Space, W/W/D, and cabs with Celestion Black Shadows.

Getting back in the groove on the "clean" channel (but with the gain up a fair way), and goosed by the CC-1, I've remembered why I thought that the one Dumble ODS I ever got to play didn't justify its elevated price tag. At least, not sufficiently over the seemingly more "ordinary" Boogies I was using perfectly happily.

As an aside, has anyone here had a lengthy hands-on with the J-MOD?

Back