What Are Your Favorite Amps To Play?

I've been playing my Blue Sierra 50 a lot lately . It came with EL34's and the guy ( down my Houston) wanted more of a clean fender tone hey it's texas. Bring a Hi-Fi guy as well I switched out to Fresh Gold Lion KT77's which when biased correctly really opened the amp up . It still has so much pre amp gain you don't need a dist/fuzz . Unlike my DG30 which I run low pre amp , hi power amp per Grissom's tips and love it I tend to run it heavier on the gain as it's so delightfully old school wooly .

Today , playing the triple soapy I decided to go the power amp route .. after about 6 months of break in . In the minium pre /Hi master is just flat out delicious clean . reminds me of the old Matchless . Still love the DG30 , especially the cab , but the extra girth of the 50 and hi gain pre is hard to break from .

Interesting Talk With My Wife About Amps Tonight At Dinner. She Commented That I Should Play The Bogners And Diezel VH4 More. I Asked Her Why Is That? She Saiid "Because I Like Their Sound The Most When You Play "Your Stuff". I Said Oh Really? She Said Yeah...i Think They Sound The Best. I Asked Her What About All The Others? She Said I Like Them All And They All Sound Good, I Just Like Those The Most For Your Style. She Could See My Gears Turning...LOL. She Said Don't Think About Buying Another Bogner Or Diezel. She Knows Me Too Well. I Commented That One More Wouldn't Hurt. She Shook Her Head And Said You Already Played That Game With All The Mesa's. I Just Laughed And Hung My Head...LOL. I Said What About The Tones That Are Outside My Metal Wheelhouse? She Said What Sounds...Give Me An Example. I Said How About A Rock And Roll Sound? She Responded..That Is Easy. That Roccaforte And That P90 Guitar I Like Sound The Best For That. I Said Oh? She Said Yeah...Nice And Clear, Real Punchy. I Asked What Else Sounds Good To You? For What, She Responded. I Said For Anything...She Thought A Moment And Said For Rock I Also Like The Wizard Too. I Forgot About That One. I Said Good Choice! She Smiled And Said She Also Liked The Pretty Amp A Lot As Well. (Purple Chassis SLO And Also Her Favorite Color). I Smiled And Complemented Her Choice Again. She Calls Clean Tones Pretty Sounds And So I Asked Her About Those And She Thought A Moment And Said That One You Were Playing Last Night Sounded Real Pretty. I Laughed And Said Oh, The Roland JC-120 And She Said Yeah That One. It Sounds Really Nice On The Pretty Stuff. I Couldn't Argue Or Refute Anything She Said...I Sure Do Love Her. What A Treasure Of A Woman She Is!

With That Said, I Am Going To Go Play A Bogner Tonight.

:)

Interesting Talk With My Wife About Amps Tonight At Dinner. She Commented That I Should Play The Bogners And Diezel VH4 More. I Asked Her Why Is That? She Saiid "Because I Like Their Sound The Most When You Play "Your Stuff". I Said Oh Really? She Said Yeah...i Think They Sound The Best. I Asked Her What About All The Others? She Said I Like Them All And They All Sound Good, I Just Like Those The Most For Your Style. She Could See My Gears Turning...LOL. She Said Don't Think About Buying Another Bogner Or Diezel. She Knows Me Too Well. I Commented That One More Wouldn't Hurt. She Shook Her Head And Said You Already Played That Game With All The Mesa's. I Just Laughed And Hung My Head...LOL. I Said What About The Tones That Are Outside My Metal Wheelhouse? She Said What Sounds...Give Me An Example. I Said How About A Rock And Roll Sound? She Responded..That Is Easy. That Roccaforte And That P90 Guitar I Like Sound The Best For That. I Said Oh? She Said Yeah...Nice And Clear, Real Punchy. I Asked What Else Sounds Good To You? For What, She Responded. I Said For Anything...She Thought A Moment And Said For Rock I Also Like The Wizard Too. I Forgot About That One. I Said Good Choice! She Smiled And Said She Also Liked The Pretty Amp A Lot As Well. (Purple Chassis SLO And Also Her Favorite Color). I Smiled And Complemented Her Choice Again. She Calls Clean Tones Pretty Sounds And So I Asked Her About Those And She Thought A Moment And Said That One You Were Playing Last Night Sounded Real Pretty. I Laughed And Said Oh, The Roland JC-120 And She Said Yeah That One. It Sounds Really Nice On The Pretty Stuff. I Couldn't Argue Or Refute Anything She Said...I Sure Do Love Her. What A Treasure Of A Woman She Is!

Okay Mr. Too Many Amps To Count...
What's The Most Amps You've Played At Once?

Okay Mr. Too Many Amps To Count...
What's The Most Amps You've Played At Once?
Do You Mean As In A Stereo Rig Or W-D-W Situation Or Something Like That? If So Then 4 Is The Most I Have Ever Used At One Time. In That Case It Was Blended Rhythm, Individual Lead And Individual Clean. I Do Like Blended Tones With Two Amps Together For A Lot Of Things. Now A Days I Likely Wouldn't Have As Large Of A Rig. If Tracking Something I May Blend Tones Or Use Different Amps. For Me...Some Of The Best Amps I Have Found To Play Nice With Other Amps Is The Diezel VH4 And The Soldano SLO. They Even Work Well Together But Put One Of Those With Almost Anything Else You Can Think Of And You Can Get Something Really Nice And Usable From Them For Almost Any Kind Of Style Or Tone Type. Another Really Cool Amp That I Am Enjoying Using For Blended Tones Is The Sound City Master Lead 50. It Is A Great Friend To Partner With Something Real High Gain With A Lot Of Saturation Like A Diezel Herbert Or A Bogner Uberschall Due To It Being Somewhat HiWatt Like With A Lot Of Punch, Clarity And Headroom. It Is A Real Cool Amp To Work With. Anyway, Sorry To Rant. Just Sharing Some Quick Thoughts As They Came To Mind. :)

I've pretty much always used multi-amps - at first, mostly Boogie Mks and Fenders; then MkIIA, IIB and IIC+, then Two Rock(s)/Boogie power amp(s), and most recently 2x Two Rocks, a Suhr RL, and a f'ing huge Demeter power amp for my latest shenanigans........

But three is the most I've ever used at once: Eric Johnson has been my "spirit animal" most recently in terms of clean/dirty rhythm/lead :)

Interesting.
My MDT is in the library in the basement because Mrs wasn’t fond of it, even though she bought it for me. She also went to another floor if I played Boogie Mark IV.
She did like the Mark III a lot and authorized me to get a set of mini Bogners - the lunch box sized 12 watt ones they did.

She did like the Mark III a lot and authorized me to get a set of mini Bogners - the lunch box sized 12 watt ones they did.
Which ones do you have? I've come very close 3 times to getting a couple of the different models but stopped looking at them when I got the Archon.

Back