What Are Your Favorite Amps To Play?

List your favorite amp(s) to play?

No limit on amount of amps listed.

You like what you like so post up and share why.
Fender Twin Reverb - it’s just perfection on every level.

Boss MK Artist II - best non tuber - has everything you could want. Speaker is amazing. So powerful, and if you’re at home you can go from 0.5 - 50 - 100. It’s the best all around for the money.

There's no chance I can get a new Mark VII here in the UK, while I can get the V on the used market easily. There has been nothing new Mesa/Boogie here for years. I will keep brainstorming this for the next few months, but Mark V has more sense. I would have to get the Diezel directly from Germany, as they are not available here, new or used. I feel conflicted as I consider myself a Boogie guy since the 2000s when I used to have a Rev. D Dual Recto black panel. If Herbert's mid-cut worked the other way, I would 100% get it
Don't Give Up On The Herbert LOL. You Can EQ It To Get What You Want Out Of It. The V Is Nice...(TWHS...Sorry) And Bummer On You Guys Not Getting New Mesas Over There. I Can Always Source You Something And Send It Over Or Help Somehow In Any Way I Can If You Like?

Don't Give Up On The Herbert LOL. You Can EQ It To Get What You Want Out Of It. The V Is Nice...(TWHS...Sorry) And Bummer On You Guys Not Getting New Mesas Over There. I Can Always Source You Something And Send It Over Or Help Somehow In Any Way I Can If You Like?
I see what's up with VII in a couple of months when I get my bday allowance ;) Getting one from the States and fiddling with a step-up transformer is not something I look forward to. I will also die of anxiety having an expensive kit shipped across the Atlantic. Thank you, though; you rules. Herbert is still in the picture, but I started fantasising about the V with a double wide-body closed-back setup ;)

I see what's up with VII in a couple of months when I get my bday allowance ;) Getting one from the States and fiddling with a step-up transformer is not something I look forward to. I will also die of anxiety having an expensive kit shipped across the Atlantic. Thank you, though; you rules. Herbert is still in the picture, but I started fantasising about the V with a double wide-body closed-back setup ;)
I Hear You On The V. That Would Be A Nice Rig For Sure And I Get The Transformer/Shipping Concerns. If You Ever Need Help Though, I Will Do So For You. :)

Suhr Scott Henderson Amp Day Today With A Little Boost.

#JukeboxHero
#RidinTheStormOut
#PeaceOfMind
#FreeWheelBurning
#ManOnTheSilverMountain

:)

Never mind those, what's it like for "Working Blue", since we're talking Scott Henderson? :oops:

I love love love my MkIVa. Everything about it.

Didn’t love my MkV.

With you there - though I never actually bought a V.

I liked my IVA so much more than the only V I ever tried, that I couldn't persuade myself to buy one, and maybe get to know/like it better. That makes it the first Mk series Boogie that I ever walked away from buying; you can make of that what you will.

I don't have that MkIVA anymore, but I replaced it with a IVB that I like almost as much.

With you there - though I never actually bought a V.

I liked my IVA so much more than the only V I ever tried, that I couldn't persuade myself to buy one, and maybe get to know/like it better. That makes it the first Mk series Boogie that I ever walked away from buying; you can make of that what you will.

I don't have that MkIVA anymore, but I replaced it with a IVB that I like almost as much.
I bought the V to get the ones I didn’t have.
The III is home base for me, but it’s nice to have very different setups of the three distinct channels of the V.

I would probably go with Mark V if that were my only amp. But since I have no interest in even considering parting ways with Fillmore 50, I will do just fine with MKIV. Hell, I may even use only one channel to top what Fillmore can't do

I bought the V to get the ones I didn’t have.
The III is home base for me, but it’s nice to have very different setups of the three distinct channels of the V.

My original home base was big Fenders (black panel Showman and Twin) until I got my first MkIIA; this marked a line in my development that culminated in a IIC+, Studio/295 and MkIVA.

Later on, I got into MkIIIs (all now gone), until I picked up my current Coli IIB, King Snake and latest IIC+, all of which I still have (alongside the IVB, Studio/295 and TriAxis/395). Nothing I've ever heard beats the big IIB or C+ at volume for stage presence, or the MkIV and KS for "in-between" levels of mid-to-higher gain.

I've mostly played Two Rocks since 2004/2005, and since when I started playing a lot cleaner stuff than I did before. But when I feel like it, I can plug into pretty much any of the pre-MkV Boogies or big Fenders, and feel right back at home :)

After 40-odd years of playing through a lot of different amps, I've settled on two that I simply love-- each for a specific purpose.

First, when I just want to sit down and play for the joy of it, or if I'm out jamming with friends:

N18lqrX.jpg

Top favorite is a Boss "Nextone Artist." It's 80 watts (selectable at .5, 40, 80) features a Class AB analog power section that changes the output circuitry and the way in which the preamp and speaker interact with it. It is designed to function independently, or if so desired it can be connected to a computer and tweak all kinds of details using an online editor. After nearly a year, I've yet connected it to a computer; I just plug straight in, tweak the knobs to taste and enjoy. There's a multi-function foot-switch I picked up when I bought the amp, but I've yet to even take that out of the box... which I feel kind of bad about as it wasn't exactly cheap.

For practice sessions, fun with effect chains and recording, my favorite is:

PnzHvoW.jpg

Another Boss product! This one is a Katana MkII-100 Artist. Different than the normal Katana, this one has a Waza speaker, slightly larger cab, and-- most importantly-- a front facing control panel. As much as I love my Nextone, it was a real PIA not being able to easily access the controls when seated, working in my "studio." Having the controls on the front solved that problem. Having the online editor really opens up the possibilities with this amp, so it feels more like a companion to the Nextone, rather than duplication of effort.

When buying these amps, I intended to get something along the lines of a nice Mesa Boogie, or Fender Deluxe/Super/Twin/etc. All of which I've had before. However, these two fit my specific needs, sound fantastic, weigh significantly less, and are very affordable.

Next time you're out, give one of these two a play through-- they're a lot of fun :)

Back