What are you willing to do for your good buddy?

We had 27 inches or so a few years ago. I sent pictures to my co-workers in England at the tine. They couldn’t believe that we still functioned (granted, not well - I frigging hate snow).

We love our weather here (or moaning about it being too hot or too cold) but snow pretty much stops us for dead. We'd probably disappear off the map if we had 27 inches in one go. Our trains (another source of national fun) are know for stopping functioning just due to the 'wrong' sort of leaves falling on to the track so who knows what sort of chaos all that snow whould do...

Notice veinbuster hasn’t said sh!t when we’re all complaining about snow.

Canadian’s laugh at what the rest of the world calls snow.

Notice veinbuster hasn’t said sh!t when we’re all complaining about snow.

Canadian’s laugh at what the rest of the world calls snow.
This wasn't even a snow day.
CK_18GTIAtSnowWall.JPG

Just to add a little more to the hair dryer bit. Mailman rang the door bell a few minutes ago. He had a box from Ulta. Care to guess what was in it? That's right, another hair dryer! :mad: I may have to quit tryin' to sell guitars and buy another instead!

Just to add a little more to the hair dryer bit. Mailman rang the door bell a few minutes ago. He had a box from Ulta. Care to guess what was in it? That's right, another hair dryer! :mad: I may have to quit tryin' to sell guitars and buy another instead!

I feel your pain brother! We’ve enough Uggs to start a freakin’ boot shop!

Oh gosh, don't do that!!!

What kinda hairdryer was it?

Get yelled at by the Mrs for using her hair dryer to thaw the frozen screen door on the patio, while you let dinner burn in the oven? Gotta be a yes. Especially when your best bud wants to do nothing but lay in the snow, and you can't get the door open!

How far would you go to help out a bud?

fTKXnae.jpg

This exact same thing has happened to me! Our sliding glass door was a single pane glass door from the late 50's and the condensation which formed on the inside of the glass would turn to ice because the glass itself was so cold. There was also a gap along the back end of the glass door which I never knew about until I started poking around back there with my fingers. I could actually poke my fingers out into the cold air outside the door, which means that a LOT of cold air was coming into the house that way.

To solve this problem, the nearby kitchen had a painted shut door which never got used and I pried that door open for the dog to go in and out. Then, I went to one of the big box hardware stores and found on display a TRIPLE glass super insulated sliding door with a special gas injected between the layers of glass. Bought it and had them install it. Works great and now all I do is periodically rub wax into the door track to lubricate it.

Back