What are you willing to do for your good buddy?

Yeah, we do. We got a half inch of rain, followed by 6 inches of snow, Sunday afternoon and over night. Made for an ugly Monday morning. Supposed to be single digit temps (F) tonight, and a high of twenty tomorrow. I don't mind winter, but we've been 20 degrees under the norm for daytime highs for the last month. That kinda sucks the big one!

Wow - just rain and wind here. You can keep the snow too! It's lovely when new but then it spolits things and melts...

We got 13 inches of snow in washington iowa on Sunday. SUCKS

I cancelled all my work for Monday and pushed snow instead.

Most of my neighbors are older folk so I clear their driveways free of charge. I usually end up with all kinds of treats!!!!

I don't think Ive ever seen 13 inches of snow fall in one go. Alnus might as he's in Scotland (it's cold up there) but not down here in England.

2 feet????? Yikes!!!
YUP!

58QmUrn.jpg

Last edited:
Two feet! Here in southern England it turns to total chaos if we get 2 inches for a couple of days
I left the eastern side of NY this morning with nothing on the ground. I largely say accumulations of 1 - 2 inches across the state, (5.5 hr drive) I pulled into my little town and there was 2 feet. Just another winters day in Western New York.

Without reading the initial post and just looking at the pic, I was thinking the hair dryer was to defrost the dogs frozen butt fur. :D

Tell your wife it could be worse!

One of mine would have chewed the hair dryer soon as look at it and then dug a hole in the snow. Probably chewed the decking too. So agree - your wife is very lucky having such a well behaved dog:) Mine are Collies too, aka proper dogs:)

I don't think Ive ever seen 13 inches of snow fall in one go. Alnus might as he's in Scotland (it's cold up there) but not down here in England.

We had 27 inches or so a few years ago. I sent pictures to my co-workers in England at the tine. They couldn’t believe that we still functioned (granted, not well - I frigging hate snow).

We had 27 inches or so a few years ago. I sent pictures to my co-workers in England at the tine. They couldn’t believe that we still functioned (granted, not well - I frigging hate snow).

My older daughter was born during the infamous blizzard of ‘78. We had 15 miles to travel to the hospital, and were worried we’d have to travel by snowmobile in -10F. Fortunately, she was born on Feb. 15th, the day SR3 was reopened. It was like traveling in a tunnel; the snow was 8’ high on each side of the road.

I’m with Big Al: Snow sucks! :mad:

Back