What are you practicing right atm?

I can’t hit the like button enough Bodia. I’ve got tickets to Lotus Land February 26th in New Hampshire and last time I saw them they played Xanadu! Awesome band.
My sons fairly recently went to see
I can’t hit the like button enough Bodia. I’ve got tickets to Lotus Land February 26th in New Hampshire and last time I saw them they played Xanadu! Awesome band.
my sons recently saw primus do the entire “Farewell to Kings” album live…. They said they nailed it!

Try double stops too. They are very cool sounding. Especially in blues.

I'm including things like that too. Also doing things where I'll play a note within a chord (for example) on the G string then I'll find another note within that chord on either the high E or the A string. Seems like most of my practice these says is very mental. I'm trying to remember certain shapes to base things from. I admit it's slow, awkward, clumsy and not very musical but what I'm doing is very necessary. Need to really know the fret board much, much better than I do. I work at it every night and I know it will pay off in the long run.

I'm one of those folks who's under no illusions of grandeur. Just want to do it and do it well so I can say "hey, I did it" and nothing more. Besides, it's good for the brain!

I'm including things like that too. Also doing things where I'll play a note within a chord (for example) on the G string then I'll find another note within that chord on either the high E or the A string. Seems like most of my practice these says is very mental. I'm trying to remember certain shapes to base things from. I admit it's slow, awkward, clumsy and not very musical but what I'm doing is very necessary. Need to really know the fret board much, much better than I do. I work at it every night and I know it will pay off in the long run.

I'm one of those folks who's under no illusions of grandeur. Just want to do it and do it well so I can say "hey, I did it" and nothing more. Besides, it's good for the brain!

It’s amazing the amt of solos and songs I can remember but I cannot for the life of me remember what I can into the den for? Beats me! Lol

It’s amazing the amt of solos and songs I can remember but I cannot for the life of me remember what I can into the den for? Beats me! Lol

Lola, I guess I'm not the only one who can't remember where he put his glasses, or wallet, or car keys!!

Seems more and more I too am walking into a room only to stand there and say "uh, I know I came in here for something!"

It's only the past year that I've actually started putting an effort in learning cover songs as a method to enrich my musical vocabulary and incorporating tidbits of these songs in my own playing. It's a lot more fun than actually studying music.

Recently I was feeling ambitious and thought I'll give "Wait" by White Lion a try. I was never a big fan of the band but Vito Bratta is an amazing guitarist. This is one fun song to play, especially the rhythm guitar. The solo was a real struggle for me to learn and I'm in the slow process of perfecting my execution of it.

Back