My Gibson is just sucking!

I would really like to try the S2 McCarty Thinline. Seems like it would be a great alternative to an SG.
I bought my S2 McCarty Thinline about 2 years ago and posted here that it's an SG killer. IMHO Paul took the all hog SG concept and improved it by about a couple lightyears. If only they came stock with the Core spec'd electronics. Still, the Thinline is excellent, and I'm glad I went the PRS Thinline route instead of the Gibson SG which I almost bought.

If nothing else worked, try install a Tusq nut and use strings one gauge heavier?

When my 2019 LP had tunning issues I found out the tuner holes were oversized and "chewed", I have to bring to my local luthier to plug and redrill it.

I can’t use heavier gauge strings because of my previous hand injury. 10’s are too stressful on my fretting hand. 9’s and 8’s are where I am currently sitting.

I can’t use heavier gauge strings because of my previous hand injury. 10’s are too stressful on my fretting hand. 9’s and 8’s are where I am currently sitting.
Sounds like you need to take it to a luthier to see what can be done to accommodate your needs but gibson's headstock angle and a and tuner arrangement is always bit troublesome on tuning stability.

I think Mira is quite close to SG if you don't mind buying used.

Sounds like you need to take it to a luthier to see what can be done to accommodate your needs but gibson's headstock angle and a and tuner arrangement is always bit troublesome on tuning stability.

I think Mira is quite close to SG if you don't mind buying used.

I just can’t part with my SG. (No matter if it is a big PITA!) I am going to make this guitar work. I was supposed to take it in to the tech last week but you know how sometimes life gets in the way!

Back