HB II Piezo tuning stability question

Paul B

Old Dog Learning
Anyone seen this?
NGD 3 days ago. Action perfect, neck relief looks good. Plays great. Noticed stock strings didn't hold their tuning very well so I put fresh strings on 2 days ago, stretched them a few times, lubed the nut, adjusted intonation. Tuning stability still sketchy. Hopefully it’s not a feature of Hollowbody.
My solid body SEs are rocks.

All I can think of is the truss rod has been released allowing the neck to move.
I will check that next.
Any similar experiences?

I have no issues with tuning on my PRS my hollow body like my other stop tail PRS are the least fussy , When you say the tuning is sketchy do you mean while playing or in-between playing sessions

It’s while playing….in fact while tuning.
(And it’s not the tuners :)… two plugged in electronic, a cell phone pro app and clip on)

Mine's from a couple of years ago, but never an issue with it. Good luck, hopefully it's just the neck settling/truss rod adjustment!

I've had mine for 2 years and never had any issues with tuning. One of the strap buttons was loose and wouldn't tighten properly so swapped these for strap locks and it's fine now.

Thanks all for your comments.

I put a little more bow in the neck, my first neck adjustment. Now it plays notes pretty accurately all the way up the neck.
One odd thing about the tuning: the strings were going out of tune to the sharp side. Experience says they should be going flat.
That may be a useful diagnostic that the neck was the issue and needed a tweak.

So it’s another PRS keeper.

Back