What are you listening to right now?

Clapton shows up for the gig with a new Fender EC Strat, a new Fender amp with the store tags still on it, and a guitar cord. NO PEDALS.

Plugs in and sounds like this! Awesome.

That boost he has in his signature EC Strat makes it sound like a Les Paul...sort of.

I have a similar boost in my Turner Model 1 and it does the same thing.

How about a Silver Sky with one? Wouldn't THAT be cool?

A Silver Sky that could sound like a Les Paul with the turn of a knob! And no pedals.

Last edited:
the UN edited version , back in the day the radio wouldn't allow "be my Reefer" or "Making up an Nickel Bag" so they changed the lyrics for the censors

for those who remember Mahogany Rush ... Frank is still out there ..

Frank is still alive. Unfortunately, at last report, he's no longer performing. Reportedly having bad shoulder issues. We had tickets to see him when his tour was abruptly cancelled with the announcement of the end of his touring career. That last show was/would have been a bizarre journey for me. Show was announced in February 2020. I was thrilled - my buddy got me into him, and I wanted to go see him, and my buddy LOVES him (even had an exchange with him at one show w/o realizing it was Frank - not that he didn't recognize him, he just didn't look over to see who he was talking to). But the date didn't work - it was scheduled for the same weekend as Experience. Then there was something in the news - seemed to be a big story at the time, but I don't remember exactly what it was - and Experience was cancelled. So I told my buddy if he didn't have anyone to take his second Marino ticket, I was in. I was in. Then Marino was rescheduled. Then Marino was rerescheduled. Then Marino was rererescheduled. Then finally, the cancellation.

But I'd still go if he went back out on the road.

And for me, it's NHL Trade Deadline day. That's all I've been listening to since noon.

for those who remember Mahogany Rush ... Frank is still out there ..

Frank is still alive. Unfortunately, at last report, he's no longer performing. Reportedly having bad shoulder issues. We had tickets to see him when his tour was abruptly cancelled with the announcement of the end of his touring career. That last show was/would have been a bizarre journey for me. Show was announced in February 2020. I was thrilled - my buddy got me into him, and I wanted to go see him, and my buddy LOVES him (even had an exchange with him at one show w/o realizing it was Frank - not that he didn't recognize him, he just didn't look over to see who he was talking to). But the date didn't work - it was scheduled for the same weekend as Experience. Then there was something in the news - seemed to be a big story at the time, but I don't remember exactly what it was - and Experience was cancelled. So I told my buddy if he didn't have anyone to take his second Marino ticket, I was in. I was in. Then Marino was rescheduled. Then Marino was rerescheduled. Then Marino was rererescheduled. Then finally, the cancellation.

But I'd still go if he went back out on the road.

And for me, it's NHL Trade Deadline day. That's all I've been listening to since noon.
I've got that DVD set. I need to get around to watching it.

Back