What are you listening to right now?

If you want to hear one of the greatest bands ever, in a song that fully shows their greatness, look no further...

and please do me a favor. Everyone who actually listens to the whole song, let me know.

And after you've listened to that and digest just how great it is, here is something a little more straight forward and rip your head off!

I've got a couple of their CDs. Great band! No need to sell me! :cool:

I just can't fathom prog lovers not being crazy about these guys. Mentioned this a while back, I've been trying for years to get one of my old concert buddies who loves Rush, Kansas and Yes, etc., to listen to Dream Theater. He likes some but says TOO heavy and TOO prog for him to really love them. I loaned him all 4 Circus Maximus CD's and he won't give them back! LOL

I just can't fathom prog lovers not being crazy about these guys. Mentioned this a while back, I've been trying for years to get one of my old concert buddies who loves Rush, Kansas and Yes, etc., to listen to Dream Theater. He likes some but says TOO heavy and TOO prog for him to really love them. I loaned him all 4 Circus Maximus CD's and he won't give them back! LOL
Too funny!

ab67616d0000b27354c842200ae8ed21bf1beee5

Too funny!
He said almost exactly what I would. He said "compared to Dream Theater, they are not as heavy, have much better vocals and the music is definitely prog and can get heavy, but is much more melodic." That's an almost perfect description, IMO.

His all time favorite bands are Rush and Kansas. He has seen Rush with me at least 18 times. He's seen Kansas 3 times with me, and Steve Walsh's band Streets the only time they came through Cinci when he left Kansas for a while in the 80s.

He has had the CDs for about a month now and is officially saying he'd put Circus Maximus up there with those two on his all time favorite list.

If you want to hear one of the greatest bands ever, in a song that fully shows their greatness, look no further...

and please do me a favor. Everyone who actually listens to the whole song, let me know.

I've got a couple of their CDs. Great band! No need to sell me! :cool:

Ditto...another buddy of mine turned me on to them in like `06. Love em' thanks for refreshing my memory haven't listened to them in a minute! But yeah...They are incredible musicians.

Plus, It's got a great beat and you can dance to it.

Not really but it's fire none the less.

Back