What are you listening to right now?

Brother @Aahzz posted a Porcupine Tree thread last week (thanks homie) so this is a repost. I've been deep diving them since OP. Still, this magnificent work of art, just takes me away to a another place everytime I listen to it...and that's a beautiful thing.

NDgtODkwOS5qcGVn.jpeg

Vinyl from Record Store Day - my CD won't arrive for a little while, for some reason.

Also got the new Halestorm in - haven't had a chance to spin it. Picked up some cheapos from B&N today, too - a couple Seger greatest hits comps, and a couple live John Fogerty discs. All for < $25.

Currently rekindling my feels for Boston. I was always digging their sound, but I'm "hearing" more of what's inside of it now. Call me a dinosaur, but I like the old way of doing things sometimes. I have a friend that knew Tom rather well and didn't like him as a person. I said he doesn't have to be a nice guy to be great at his craft.

Just spent the last hour and almost sixteen minutes listening to this hidden gem. A new comer that goes by Ethel Cain. She has one of the most haunting voices I’ve ever heard. Also has some of the best lyrical content I’ve seen in a minute. It’s rather dark but man she’s the real deal. Do yourself a favor and check her out.

P.S. I highly recommend listening with headphones.

THE BEST UNKOWN BAY AREA BAND OF THE 80'S.
When I got out of the service and went home in the early 80's the SF bay area was one of the hottest music scenes in the nation, with acts like Journey, Santana, The tubes, Starship, Eddie Money, Fogarty, Faith No More, Primus, and many more making huge waves in the industry. One of the local acts that was tearing up the scene was the Freaky Executives, a band blending Punk, Funk, Ska, HipHop, and Latin beats to a devoted local following. With top notch musicianship, creative songwriting, and ultra tight arrangements, their live shows were pure excitement, and were the daunting measuring stick for bands like mine that had the unfortunate task of opening up for them. (...and were easily forgotten.)

Unfortunately their live show energy didn't transpose to their recordings and they never got signed/promoted, and they ultimately disbanded after years of being the top dog of a huge local music scene, but their shows were legendary to local Rock & Funk fans.

Back