What are you listening to right now?

Whut?!?!?!
From the release notes.

Tremonti Sings Sinatra, which comes out May 27, is exactly what the title says. Tremonti put down his axe, put on a tailored suit and tie and recorded 14 Frank Sinatra songs last year, with a band comprised of more than a dozen of Sinatra’s touring musicians and led by his musical director Mike Smith. Proceeds will go to the National Down Syndrome Society, inspired by Tremonti’s one-year-old daughter Stella. The project also launches his Take A Chance For Charity initiative, which will challenge others in the public eye — musicians, athletes, actors, comedians — to step out of their comfort zones and make similar efforts for charity.

From the release notes.

Tremonti Sings Sinatra, which comes out May 27, is exactly what the title says. Tremonti put down his axe, put on a tailored suit and tie and recorded 14 Frank Sinatra songs last year, with a band comprised of more than a dozen of Sinatra’s touring musicians and led by his musical director Mike Smith. Proceeds will go to the National Down Syndrome Society, inspired by Tremonti’s one-year-old daughter Stella. The project also launches his Take A Chance For Charity initiative, which will challenge others in the public eye — musicians, athletes, actors, comedians — to step out of their comfort zones and make similar efforts for charity.

Dude! that's AWESOME! Hopefully his stellar crooning will really help the charity(s) raise money and awareness. Good on him!

Dude you haven't lived until... you've put on some Sinatra, danced around in your underwear, sang into a broom, all while cleaning the house.

What? Just me? No? Pfft...you don't know what you're missing!

:D :p

I'd rather convince my wife to do that! ;)

Of course, chances are better that I'll do it, horses will fly and Yngwie will do a whole album where he never plays anything faster than a whole note!

This one is pretty cool for a few reasons. This is a band called Black Jacket Symphony. The band was started by a couple of guys named Jay Willoughby and Damon Johnson (Brother Cane, Thin Lizzy, and others) back in 2009 in Birmingham. They re-create classic albums note-for-note. The band members change dependant on the album they are performing. I saw them a few years back and they nailed The Police "Every Breath You Take" album live!

I just found out a few days ago they will be performing at a place called the Pastime Theatre (an old movie theatre, converted into a musical venue). Really cool part is the Pastime is within walking distance of my place...and the very best part is that are performing Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" in a couple of months. Needless to say...
I already have my tickets!

Here's a little taste.

Last edited:
Really getting into some fusion guitar. Greg Howe, AL Di meola, Mike Stern, etc. My download from Spotify has about 7 hrs worth!

Yeah man! I love listening to all kinds of different styles and genres. Listening to those guys is not only amazing to hear but I've found it to be really good for the chops as well.
Listening to different stuff helps me broaden my musical horizons. ;)

From the release notes.

That was better than I expected.
Now I think to balance things out we need Michael Bublé to sing some Rush, or Chic or something.

Really getting into some fusion guitar. Greg Howe, AL Di meola, Mike Stern, etc. My download from Spotify has about 7 hrs worth!
Before there was Eddie Van Halen, there was Al Di Meola. I used to work very hard on some of his riffs, and how to cleanly pick every note when playing fast JUST because of him. Used to play a bunch of his songs, both electric and acoustic ones. Awesome guitar player. I have almost ever album he’s ever released.

For something completely different in the fusion vein, one of my two all time musical genius musicians… check out Holdsworth. Simply incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was better than I expected.
Now I think to balance things out we need Michael Bublé to sing some Rush, or Chic or something.

Hard pass. :D

I don't know why...but everytime I so much as hear the "B" word, I have a sudden urge to jab pencils into my ears and I get the Buble' guts immediately there after. ;)

Spotify suggested this band because I was listening to Dirty Shirly. Kickin Valentina. I've never heard of them. I gave their latest album a listen. It's full of hard rock riffing songs to drive to on a sunny day. If you're into 80's hard rock I'm sure you'll dig this.

Ok, made me listen. HOLY CRAP. That's better than Sinatra!

51c698d5dc41dea06762e96394ba1228.jpg

5qaehz.jpg

Dude you haven't lived until... you've put on some Sinatra, danced around in your underwear, sang into a broom, all while cleaning the house.

What? Just me? No? Pfft...you don't know what you're missing!
I'd rather convince my wife to do that! ;)

Of course, chances are better that I'll do it, horses will fly and Yngwie will do a whole album where he never plays anything faster than a whole note!

You want your wife to dance around in Scott's underwear?

main-qimg-0d9da233d36794158ca2b7dee34c8d5d-pjlq

Back