What’s your cheapest guitar?

Hmmmmmm

Cheapest of all, probably a Tele copy, “Vintage” brand that Wilkinson helped design, all his hardware. One that I strummed on the wall to look interested, in a shop where I was quite uninterested, and it rang like a bell, so I had to backpedal a bit and check it out. Super thin finish, and probably luck of the draw getting some nice dry wood at that price. The electronics are terrible, minus the pickups. But it sounds much better than any other sub $1K Tele I’ve played, so, it was a win.

Cheapest PRS - tie between my Akesson and ZM, got both new with a decent discount. Both are nice, but the Akesson wins. Best SE I’ve laid hands on!

My cheapest guitar is a EBMM Luke III PDM from 2013, the Cardinal Red Sparkle run. It's one of my favorite guitars of all time. The LIII series is just total domination.

My cheapest PRS is my CCB PS. It also dominates. Still my favorite PS of all time. I love that guitar.

Ever had or currently have? I bought a $200 “Japanese” Strat back in college and chiseled out space for a Floyd copy bridge and locking nut. It was so fudged up I threw it away. Yes, I tossed a guitar into the garbage. Learned some valuable lessons along the way.

Currently, my SE One cost $270 of the best spent dollars in my life.

What year was it made, because some of those were rather well made!

My cheapest guitar is still in its raw form, Mahogany neck blank, English Ash body blank and a flamed Euro Maple/Sycamore top! I’m into it for about £60 at the moment, because I like bargains! Heavens knows what the eventual price tag will be!

If we're going with "ever", then it was a white on black Series 10 SSH strat copy with a pointy headstock I bought used in 1986 or 87 for $75. How bad was it? Well, even Google doesn't have an image for it...

Ever had or currently have? I bought a $200 “Japanese” Strat back in college and chiseled...

Oh yeah. Forgot to reply to this!
The MIJ Squire Strat I got used was GREAT sounding through my Showman, with a little compression. Really classic sound, magnets under the pole pieces and all!
The next Squire Strat I bought was Korean, plywood, and trash!

My cheapest is this home assembled Esquire. The neck is a custom Warmoth, the body is GFS. Most of the parts are budget level - Kluson stuff mostly. The pickup is a 1964 Telecaster pickup. It's wired to a 4-way switch with the Mike Eldred mod. Very nice sounding guitar. It plays pretty good, too - NOTHING like a PRS, lol.

My cheapest guitar is a EBMM Luke III PDM from 2013, the Cardinal Red Sparkle run. It's one of my favorite guitars of all time. The LIII series is just total domination.

My cheapest PRS is my CCB PS. It also dominates. Still my favorite PS of all time. I love that guitar.

You moved the Holcomb SE already?

What year was it made, because some of those were rather well made!
I put “Japanese” in quotes because that’s what everyone called anything from Asia that was low quality. Mine was bought in 1982 and it was total particle board crap. Once I put the studs in for the Floyd, the wood started chipping out and the bridge moved. Oh, the lessons learned...

Out of the 7 electrics I have, the cheapest is a Squier Telecaster that was given to me a few years back by my uncle because he wanted to move to a Gibson ES-355 and since I was into Fenders at the time, he thought I would like it. It definitely has a sweet color scheme to it but that neck is pure crap. I haven't played it in years because the neck is all out of whack and I stupidly routed out the single coil in the bridge and put a Dimebucker in there. One of these days, I will get around to properly getting it fixed up with a better humbucker but since I got my first PRS in late 2014, it's been indefinitely moth-balled.

$85 craigslist special. The input jack needed a bead of solder on this Schecter Gryphon and viola!!!!! It became the guitar that I keep in the shop to play on....It is surprisingly easy to play (but I guess they are kind of known for their shredder type guitars)...and sounds ok through the Blackstar ID core 20 that it is usually paired up with. Provides some practice and fun during down times at work.

20621892_10159104716975331_2627283413564627152_n.jpg

Picked this dot stuido up on craigslist for $150 as well. Don't play it quite as much but it doesn't sound half bad either as a blues rig when paired up with the BC30 amp.

17103686_10158343357350331_9052603340330538749_n.jpg

Back