What’s the best quilt top you’ve seen?

I like this one a lot.
CK_370ArielTop.jpg

Boooo.
We knew you wanted us to post a bunch to give you an excuse to post ALL of yours....and we wanted to see them all again.

Not really. Davey was right; my intent of this thread was for those to post the best wood quilt they’ve seen. It was not supposed to be about one’s favorite guitar or favorite color, but the coolest quilt. Admittedly,I did get caught up in the posting frenzy. Also, while I’m not going to state I’ll never post another brand occasionally to make a point, I do want to respect that this is a PRS site (and who needs other brands anyway, right Serge? :rolleyes:).

Anyway, maybe I didn’t communicate clearly enough, or maybe I started the wrong message by posting two quilts right away, or maybe nobody gives a sh*t what my intent was. :p Or maybe I should change the name of this thread to “Let’s see your quilts; show ‘em!” (‘cause after all, they’re all beauties.)

Or as one of my brother-in-law’s 7th grade students said to him recently, “It don’t matter none.”

Here’s something that does matter: Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
I used to have one just like this, though mine didn't have quite as much red to it. Still regret selling it!

This one’s a 2000 painted rare “ember glow.” Markie sold it to me in a moment of weakness after I’d begged relentlessly.

In 2011, Gibson made a few (12?) “killer quilt” R9s. I have 2 of those in lemonburst, but I’ve yet to see one as nice as Mr. Ember.

Last edited:
Not really. Davey was right; my intent of this thread was for those to post the best wood quilt they’ve seen. It was not supposed to be about one’s favorite guitar or favorite color, but the coolest quilt. Admittedly,I did get caught up in the posting frenzy. Also, while I’m not going to state I’ll never post another brand occasionally to make a point, I do want to respect that this is a PRS site (and who needs other brands anyway, right Serge? :rolleyes:).

Anyway, maybe I didn’t communicate clearly enough, or maybe I started the wrong message by posting two quilts right away, or maybe nobody gives a sh*t what my intent was. :p Or maybe I should change the name of this thread to “Let’s see your quilts; show ‘em!” (‘cause after all, they’re all beauties.)

Or as one of my brother-in-law’s 7th grade students said to him recently, “It don’t matter none.”

And a great idea for a thread it is....but if we omitted threads that go off topic around here...I think Private Stock Friday might be the only one left (not that this would be a bad thing). To me the one thing that’s always safe/welcome here is to post a pic of another awesome guitar (preferably a PRS, even more preferably a blue one if @sergiodeblanc is involved).

Happy (and safe) Holidays to you too my friend!!!

I wasn't knocking on you for posting your quilted tops, but knocking my reading comprehension (or lack thereof) for seeing the post and immediately scrambling to throw some of my quilt tops up there, and then re-reading and seeing that you meant "The best you've seen" and I then I thought, well crap now I look like I'm saying the couple I posted are the best quilt tops I've ever seen :eek:.
It was a dig against myself for rushing to find and post my pics before really comprehending....because I didn't comprende.
Happy Holidays too!!! :D

I wasn't knocking on you for posting your quilted tops, but knocking my reading comprehension (or lack thereof) for seeing the post and immediately scrambling to throw some of my quilt tops up there, and then re-reading and seeing that you meant "The best you've seen" and I then I thought, well crap now I look like I'm saying the couple I posted are the best quilt tops I've ever seen :eek:.
It was a dig against myself for rushing to find and post my pics before really comprehending....because I didn't comprende.
Happy Holidays too!!! :D

No. You were right. That is what I meant. It’s all good though. It’s fun to post what we like. And this is a really good forum with good participants.

Just wanted to be sure we were square.
Its difficult to understand the tone or nuances of someones post when reading it instead of hearing them say it. Sometimes things can be misunderstood without hearing the context.

Just wanted to be sure we were square.
Its difficult to understand the tone or nuances of someones post when reading it instead of hearing them say it. Sometimes things can be misunderstood without hearing the context.

Agreed. But even beyond that, many times I have revisited what I wrote and thought “That’s not what I meant.”

Case in point; I’ve already edited this post once.

Almost bought this when it popped up recently even though I had no planned builds in progress. That particular run of special edition bodies had some great specimens.

One just popped up for sale on Reverb

Agreed. But even beyond that, many times I have revisited what I wrote and thought “That’s not what I meant.”

Case in point; I’ve already edited this post once.

Absolutely have been there many times myself.

Back