Were you affected by yesterday's eclipse?

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
Something did me in and I was a space cadet yesterday until about 3 or 4 PM.

Some of my friends have reported the same thing. Feeling half drunk for no reason at all for the first half of yesterday.

Here's a shot of the eclipse taken in Somerset, CO just a couple of miles up the road from my house.

Last edited:
It was a big deal out here in the west.

Certainly to the Native People but to most everyone.

The end of one cycle and beginning of another.

No big cities or sky scrapers where I live. Just mountains, canyons, farmlands and space.

Unlike in my previous lives this event did not change my beliefs or rituals.

We tend to think about events like these as contemporary because they happen in our moment of time, but imagine if you will standing at Stonehenge or the Great Pyramid 4,500 years ago and seeing a blazing ring in the sky. As the eclipse progressed the lessening solar radiation would make the world around them gradually a few degrees cooler and perhaps windy. No doubt a mystical moment in the psyche of the watchers whose experience was told throughout millennia afterwards. Of course they didn't know that they were going to burn the the neural tissue at the back of their eyeballs.

We only had 20% eclipse coverage here yesterday ... it was cloudy out and just got ever so slightly darker, it was not noticeable an eclipse was happening.

I always miss the full solar eclipse, I am never anywhere near where it's happening, or I just miss it by a few days.

Takes you back to those tribal times of long, long, long ago.

Probably still in our DNA.

It's a deep feeling. That connection to ancient ancestors.
I'll tell you what it was. We were incidentally on top of a mountain pass surrounded by wilderness, and were only joined by about 25 other people, so we escaped the crowds to a high point that allowed you to watch the moon's shadow race towards you. That was special. But once it fully arrived and we could view the eclipse without protective glasses, it offered a view of the sun's corona. It radiated in every other direction than directly towards you, and you could see the sun's energy in a way you can only see before losing your sight under normal circumstances. It was magical. I had taken a trip to Ireland 12 years prior where we went to visit an ancient site called Newgrainge, said to predate Stonehenge by *5000 years*. It is an earth mound that has a tunnel that lights up once every year during the winter solstice, and the entrance stone is carved in a wavy sun pattern that looks EXACTLY like what the corona looks like during a full eclipse. Noting how unlikely you would be in the perfect place at the perfect time to view this in ancient times, then posses the scientific and mathematical knowledge to construct a winter solstice passage tomb and live long enough to observe its completion, it's all just mind boggling. These people were *instructed*. The truth of their creations survives for millenia. Just nuts. Luckily, the totality crossed our path only about 30 miles to the north of where we live. I would travel to see a total eclipse again, it's that mesmerizing.

Possibly, but I didn't even know there was an eclipse yesterday.

I was going over the songs to play at church, it was going great and I took a little break. For no reason a feeling of real apprehesion came over me. It was a real "knawing in my stomach" kind of feeling. Felt very unnerving. Like I was suddenly really worried about something and I had NO idea why I was feeling like I did. Had no reason to.

I sure wasn't worried about my parts in the songs because I put a lot of time into each song. (Went great today!).

Said a little prayer to our Lord after that feeling hit to calm me down and I felt back to normal in about 10 minutes.

If (again, if) the eclipse had anything to do with it then.............you tell me.

Cloudy locally. Jeez. Daylight is scarce enough, thankfully purchased some full-spectrum LED bulbs for the computer and study rooms last year. Feel better about missing the eclipse now.

Back