Well, This Is A Little Weird

'work' has always barely tolerated my haircuts and meeting avoidance in deference to my genius, so i can relate. i don't think i could do it with the additional handicap of your sense of humor.
I would like to say this is one of the funniest sentences I have ever read, anywhere. You just made my day!

Seriously, I'm still laughing at "additional handicap of your sense of humor."

"That applies to you, too, Les."

"I know! That's the best part!!"

I would like to say this is one of the funniest sentences I have ever read, anywhere. You just made my day!

Seriously, I'm still laughing at "additional handicap of your sense of humor."

"That applies to you, too, Les."

"I know! That's the best part!!"
i love your love of rock music and i've written some things for you to say at my funeral.

Thanks everybody for the support. The days have gotten a little less weird. I think going from "this is what today is" to "oh no it isn't" last week pretty well threw me for Tuesday, but I've adjusted to it. My ever supportive wife came out about half an hour after I got the news and said, "God, I'm already tired of carrying your ass." So there was that.

The finger has mostly healed - it's more a mental thing now. I haven't gotten over thinking "this is going to hurt" every time I go to bend a note. Maybe by this weekend.

I was talking to my dad before Christmas about retiring, and about someone saying they didn't want to retire because they thought they'd be bored. I said I have enough hobbies that I should never be bored. Hell, if all I did was just change strings on my guitars, that's enough to keep me busy for a while. My dad's been retired over 20 years, and he said, "When you retire, you'll find yourself so busy you'll wonder how you had a job." So far, that's been true. But it's been a ton of doctor and dentist appointments. Thankfully, that slows a bit after this week. I've also tackled a couple things around the house that I haven't wanted to spend my weekends on, to which my wife said, "Look at you trying to be all manly and stuff."

Honestly, when I thought of the possibility of this happening to me, I thought I'd feel worse about it. I'm chalking that up mostly to the job situation, but honestly, I think this is going to be good for me.
Glad to hear you've got your head wrapped around it. My wife is going on 4 years retired. I thought it would be a stretch. Turns out I was wrong.

Back