We Are Twisted Sister:Netflix

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
OK, first off, never, ever a fan of the band and the style of music and their stage act. BUT, if you want to see and hear about a band that played SIX years, 4/5/6 nights a week in bars around the New York region before getting any record deal and from the Brits no less. They had drummer problems worse than Spinal Tap.

Just look at their daily planner, posters of gigs and all the clubs. The interviews, archive clips and photographs are from an era(70's) so long gone. And the interviews with the Atlantic suits are not to be missed. Yeah, this is a long one(over 2 hours) BUT worth it. 'Studio baffles were bales of hay' at the 'studio' in England.

Just gather all your great nephews who think they can 'make it' in the music 'business', tell them to shut up and watch what it really took to become an 'overnight sensation' 'back in the day'. Then tell them to 'cut their hair and get a real job'...they just might take your advice if they're not too hypnotized by their 'smart phone'.

http://decider.com/2016/05/06/we-are-twisted-fcking-sister-netflix/

"Long" is right! I tried watching it but couldn't persevere.

I had to learn 5 or 6 TS tunes years ago for an annual Halloween show that a Chicago radio station and music venue puts on. We had to do the whole "tribute" bit and dress up in spandex and makeup... it was a trip, although I hope the video of it never resurfaces.:p

I was a lil' bummed I didn't get to be Jay Jay French and got stuck being Eddie Fingers but, the songs were surprisingly fun to play. I admit I still reach for the volume control whenever I hear Stay Hungry or Burn In Hell.

"Long" is right! I tried watching it but couldn't persevere.

I had to learn 5 or 6 TS tunes years ago for an annual Halloween show that a Chicago radio station and music venue puts on. We had to do the whole "tribute" bit and dress up in spandex and makeup... it was a trip, although I hope the video of it never resurfaces.:p

I was a lil' bummed I didn't get to be Jay Jay French and got stuck being Eddie Fingers but, the songs were surprisingly fun to play. I admit I still reach for the volume control whenever I hear Stay Hungry or Burn In Hell.
I'll give it a shot, not sure I'll make it 2+ hours. I'm with ya, I can't help but crank the volume if I hear TS.

The most interesting thing I found was an ad for nude yoga when I clicked the link in the OP. I couldn't help but be curious. The review was pretty funny and the trailer in the Redwood forest...also amusing, yet titilating. Who knew this was a real thing?!? I used to joke and prank call a good friend of mine, who is a yoga instructor and had her own studio, about needing nude yoga classes. This was a good 10-15 years ago...we coulda been rich! Well, she could've, I'd just take my cut for the idea.:D

I'll give it a shot, not sure I'll make it 2+ hours. I'm with ya, I can't help but crank the volume if I hear TS.

The most interesting thing I found was an ad for nude yoga when I clicked the link in the OP. I couldn't help but be curious. The review was pretty funny and the trailer in the Redwood forest...also amusing, yet titilating. Who knew this was a real thing?!? I used to joke and prank call a good friend of mine, who is a yoga instructor and had her own studio, about needing nude yoga classes. This was a good 10-15 years ago...we coulda been rich! Well, she could've, I'd just take my cut for the idea.:D

I know this guy trying to start a Yoga In Silver Pants class.... He used to post here a bunch, I think he goes by the name of Chief? :p

Back