Visiting Daughter

Not nice. Biggest I got was a black bird. I was really glad I had a full face helmet. It was quite the shock at highway speed.
Oh yeah. The impact was unreal. I had full gear on. Shattered my helmet face shield knocked my glasses off, broken nose, cracked bones around eye socket knocked the corner off of one of my back teeth.

Ambulance ride to hospital.

Ha ha,believe it or not, I fell asleep riding my VFR 750 on the interstate. About rear ended a semi.

That was after a wild moto guzzi rally in wisconsin. Partied way too much not enough sleep!

My buddy rides. He's been having heart issues. Had something like 5 or 6 ablations to try to correct things. They've talked about a pacemaker and an implanted defib, but the doc said he wanted to do all he could to avoid the defib because of the bike - he knows how much it means to my buddy, and the defib means his riding days would be over. As my buddy puts it, "From what I understand, when that thing goes off, it pretty much makes you unconscious for a couple seconds. That's a bad thing at 70 mph on an interstate."

I still have a 99 VFR - yellow.
Oh my GOD!!!!!!

Mine was quite a few years ago and it was an 86 with gear driven cams.

There was a guy on west coast doing F2 600 rear wheel conversion kits which was a spacer kit. I had to buy a used rear wheel but it did two things, made it look more badass than it already was and made a radial tire option possible which improved handling a bunch!

What?!?! Terrifying.
Oh yes. I had a buddy from Brazil that lived in Chicago who went to all these moto guzzi and BMW state rallies.

We'd all meet at these rallies and partied our butts off.

My buddy Sergio got to hitting my bottle of So Co and spent the night passed out in a porta potty. I think this was the rally I dozed off riding home from.

It was always fun but I haven't been to those rallies in a long while and haven't seen some of those folks for. some time.

Not a matter of being wimpy ... if you scrape your hands on a tumble you can lose a pint of blood in no time.

Plus think of the guitar “downtime”.

Wish I’d remembered to wear work gloves when I stuck my left index finger in a circular saw, whilst doing work on my bathroom last year!:confused:

“Stupid Alnus”!!

I stuck my left index finger in a circular saw, whilst doing work on my bathroom last year!!
giphy.gif

Plus think of the guitar “downtime”.

Wish I’d remembered to wear work gloves when I stuck my left index finger in a circular saw, whilst doing work on my bathroom last year!:confused:

“Stupid Alnus”!!
For what it’s worth, most of the old timers I work with at Habitat for Humanity believe you should NOT wear gloves when using a circular saw. The risk of the blade catching the glove and dragging your hand in outweighs any protection the glove might give.

Back