USA PRS Order Delivery Timeframes.

rnodern

Just one more.....
I have a new Tremonti; Artist on the way. Figured maple neck, and fretboard. Hybrid hardware, adjustable stoptail bridge, fire red burst colour, artist 10 top.

I ordered and paid for it just over 12 months ago, now. When I paid, the store supplier (i assume PRS) suggested a 10 month build time. I've called the store a few times during wait time.
It's already been 12 months, and it's now being pushed to 15 months.
I just have no patience and want to play the guitar.

Is 15 months normal for for a new PRS, or should i expect between 18 months to 2 years? Should I be stamping my feet and making a scene?

You can stamp your feet and make a scene, but it’s not gonna do any good and make you look like a goon... at least that’s what happens whenever I do it, and then I gotta feel embarrassed about it later.

Whenever you special order something, your food comes out slower.

I talked to the PRS rep at a dealer event a few months ago. He said 12+ months is typical right now with their order backlog. I think he said artist packages are taking a few more months so 15 months sounds like a good estimate. Don't stamp your feet and make a scene. It won't help. Just be patient (easier said than done, I know) and you'll have a wonderful guitar before you know it.

Hmmmm... Let's see... Ordered special 22 limited edition artist in July... Moore Rob estimated Q1 2019. Wonder if retirement present might be a little later.

Oh well... At least Rob's already holding my retirement back plate for the guitar...hehehe
It's gonna be a lonnnnnggggg wait. Good thing I bought these other guitars to keep my mind off it!
:D:cool:o_O

41663734_10212684478290877_3295598323993411584_n.jpg

I ordered a Custom 24-08 Artist package 11 months ago. Still waiting..... No updates.

On the one hand I'm getting pretty frustrated, on the other hand this is an instrument I plan on keeping for a while so in the big scheme of things the wait isn't a huge problem. Like you, I want to play the darn thing!! I will say my dealer didn't make me pay for it or even put down a deposit on it when I ordered.

BTW, not trying to be picky, but it's either a 10 Top or an Artist top. There isn't an Artist 10 Top.

Hmmmm... Let's see... Ordered special 22 limited edition artist in July... Moore Rob estimated Q1 2019. Wonder if retirement present might be a little later.

Oh well... At least Rob's already holding my retirement back plate for the guitar...hehehe
It's gonna be a lonnnnnggggg wait. Good thing I bought these other guitars to keep my mind off it!
:D:cool:o_O

41663734_10212684478290877_3295598323993411584_n.jpg
At the same time, the PRS rep told me that they reserved a bunch of slots for the semi hollow limited guitars they announced at Experience before they were announced so as long as you ordered early enough to get one of those slots, your guitar should be finished Q1 2019. Still, buying other guitars to keep your mind off it is always a good strategy.

I placed an order for a Semihollow Special at the end of June and was told to expect 8-12 months before delivery. In previous years, I was consistently quoted 4-6 months for a custom order. To get what I want, I can and will wait even though I do not want to.

Pitching a fit will do nothing to speed things up and will only create a bad impression. It is understandable to be frustrated about it taking longer than estimated (delivery times are an estimate, not a promise). I would be impatient and frustrated too.

Good news though! The economy is kicking arse and people are buying guitars again, thus the longer wait times!!!!!
Yea baby!!! I never thought I would be able to afford another PS, but another year like this and its MINE!!!! HMMMMMWAAAHHHAHA!!!!

Back