Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Blank

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Third party / non-oem

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
PRS CE - maple TRC
r0USJjr.jpeg

I love that it’s a perfect match color wise. And the brown outline matches my Boyd burst color.

Last edited:
On eBay. inlayworks1 is the seller
Search maple PRS truss rod cover.
I’ve used him before. What’s nice is that a can of spray paint and you can add color to it with easy. I had one guitar I wanted the TRC to have a red tint. A few sprays and wipes and I got what I wanted.

This is me, really. Although I also like to leave the stock TRC on there if it includes the Model name, but I have some that are blank (but I think that was stock in those cases, but might have been changed by a previous owner), and one custom TRC (Sergio's old DC3).

I do play with the idea of getting one or more custom TRCs, but never get around to it. I think I know what I want, but can't find it (Welsh Dragon), and fear what the "custom design from scratch" would cost me...
What TRC was on the DC3?

I normally chuck them into a drawer after the first adjustment.

When it comes to TRCs I go commando.

Bit of a random question, but that’s what forums are for I guess

Anybody else prefer a blank truss rod cover over one with the model name on it?

For reference I’ve recently changed my CU24 to a blank and think it looks much cleaner.
I prefer blank and just ordered a rosewood cover for my SE Soapbar.

Mostly I ordered it because the old cover warped and started to buzz.

But the new one will match the fingerboard.

What TRC was on the DC3?

I normally chuck them into a drawer after the first adjustment.

When it comes to TRCs I go commando.
Sorry, just saw this.

It was the third-party flamed maple one. Maybe you didn't put it on there, it might have been the forum member (Rider1260) that had possession between you and me, before it went to wherever I found it. That might explain why they put it on.

EDIT: You must have tossed the original TRC into the case when you sold it, because it was in the case when I got it.

Last edited:
Sorry, just saw this.

It was the third-party flamed maple one. Maybe you didn't put it on there, it might have been the forum member (Rider1260) that had possession between you and me, before it went to wherever I found it. That might explain why they put it on.

EDIT: You must have tossed the original TRC into the case when you sold it, because it was in the case when I got it.

Lol! I’m pretty sure I “owed” him the case and TRC for awhile after our deal because I wasn’t planning on letting it go when I brought it over to his crib that fateful day.

Mike musta bought that maple one outta modesty, I expose my nut all the time.

I prefer blank and just ordered a rosewood cover for my SE Soapbar.

Mostly I ordered it because the old cover warped and started to buzz.

But the new one will match the fingerboard.
Just did it to my SE Silver Sky. Put an Indian Rosewood truss rod cover on it that matches the fingerboard.

Looks classier to me.

Gets rid of some of the plastic.

Sounds better too. (Joking!)

Before: After:

Blank is my preference. What I can’t stand is the classic black plastic, engraved white lettering. To me those look cheap and unrefined. Although, I haven’t bothered to change my core Starla TRC.

Back