Can I get a blank truss rod cover for a CE DW?

Danzego

Hey, all!

I bought a CE DW and it’s flat out killer. However, I’d really like to swap out the CE truss rod cover with a blank one. I think it would look classier.

I purchased a cover from Sweetwater along with my guitar, which stated in the description that it fits all US made PRS guitars. Come to find, apparently that doesn’t include the Floyd Rose equipped ones. Who knew? Anyway, does anyone know where I can get a blank truss rod cover (aluminum, like the original) for my new axe? Thanks!

Is it too long because the locking nut? Cut it or have someone you know cut it.

Yeah, that looks like why that would be. The replacement truss rod is about 6/16” longer than the CE Floyd one. I wonder where I could get someone to cut it to size without charging me a ridiculous amount to do it. All the guitar shops around here (Portland, OR area) won’t do a thing without charging a full hour minimum bench rate. Ugh.

Yeah, that looks like why that would be. The replacement truss rod is about 6/16” longer than the CE Floyd one. I wonder where I could get someone to cut it to size without charging me a ridiculous amount to do it. All the guitar shops around here (Portland, OR area) won’t do a thing without charging a full hour minimum bench rate. Ugh.
It's easy to cut and wouldn't need a guitar tech.

I’ve replaced the TRC on all of my PRS. Bunch of good sellers on eBay and the ‘verb.

SEHBIIP-Headstock.jpg

S2-CU24-Headstock.jpg

SESS-new-TRC.jpg

I ended up calling an independent luthier here in the Portland area and he told me to drop by and see what he can do. He had it done in less than 5 minutes. I asked him what I owed him, he laughed and said, “I don’t know.” He was cool with 10 bucks.

Plot twist: I’m going to need to do this again since I ended up with another CE DW. I was interested in the guitar, but no local stores have any, so I ordered a Waring Burst from GC to try out. I loved it, but really wanted an Amber Smokeburst. So I ordered an Amber Sweetwater with the intent to return the GC one, but I can’t part with the Waring. Instead, I sold my Standard 50s Les Paul (I still have two other LP’s) to afford them both. Hoy!

Last edited:
Back