Totally bummed...Glenn Frey passes away at 67

I too saw them on the "History" tour. So glad I did, as I missed seeing far too many before they died, figuring I'd catch them nect time...

Here's a pic from '76, their benefit for Jerry Brown (along with Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt and a newcomer named Dan Fogelberg...)

412100060.jpg

412100061.jpg

The Eagles are why I picked up a guitar in the first place. Hotel California (song) lit the fire in me.

I was gutted to hear the news of Glenn's passing to say the least. What a talented person. I'm very lucky I got to see the Eagles not once but twice.

Wow!! Can't believe that no-one mentioned the passing of Glenn Frey ... only 67 ... sucks.
I know that everyone will have their opinion, but for me, the 2nd greatest band in history, regardless of genre.
Not always the nicest guy, but he formed and was the catalyst of the Eagles.
JMO ... YMMV.

well, I am kinda cool (lol).
but I still don't see the thread.
found it, but I never look there.

Hmmm...the link works for me. It's on about page 3 of the new posts page.

Yeah, but, every other guy that has passed isn't relegated to the "Artists and whatever" category.
regardless, fabulous talent.
R.I.P. ... you made a difference.

He made a huge difference. One of the most iconic bands in history. I respect his music and his obvious talent. I think others in the band contributed more than he thought they did, but what I think isn't worth much.

Back