Concert Blues: Tragedy and Unfortunate Circumstances

TheRustyStarman

stupid dumb Tremonti fanboy
I graduated in May but I didn't take a senior trip this last summer, so I was able to convince my parents to get tickets and VIP meet & greet tickets for the Tremonti concert in Atlanta this December, as a sort of late senior trip. Investigating into the details further, I found out that the concert would actually feature Tremonti and Sevendust opening for Daughtry. I haven't checked out Sevendust much but like Projected and Clint Lowery, and I'm a big Daughtry fan (my dad and I went to a show when they were in town a couple years back), so needless to say on top of getting to meet my biggest inspiration, the concert was set to be a good time all around.

Fast forward to the last week or two, and news breaks that Chris Daughtry's stepdaughter was found dead, and therefore the week's remaining tour dates would be postponed, and a couple days after that, the remaining tour dates of the year were as well. So even if the show gets rescheduled to another time next year, I'll be away at music college, so it's probably not gonna happen for me.

Super bummed about missing the show, but the real tragedy is what the Daughtry family is going through right now. At the time I'm writing this, they haven't said how the stepdaughter died, only that she sustained some sort of injuries and that the autopsy was being conducted. Nobody should have to go through a loss of that nature; I can't imagine how they're all holding up right now.

Just thought I'd spread the news. Thoughts and prayers going out to the Daughtry family, and wanted to ask that you guys would do the same if you feel inclined.

Back