Took my GG bass in to my dealer to hear...

That makes sense. It's tough to be a mom/pop dealer with high end gear. One false move and you lose money.
I worked for a chain music dealer in Canada here, and I once saw a dad and son come in, son unattended, walks up to the high end guitar rack, proceeds to run his hand along them to make them all swing into each other creating large dings (front into back). We had to discount them all. Who of us would pay for a pre-dinged guitar? Probably a $5000 move. Dad couldn't care less that his son caused so much damage to all those guitars. I cried a little over the damage to such beautiful instruments. PRS and Gibsons.

Ugh. That dad wouldn't have left my store without handing over his homeowners insurance or some cash lol.

A while back I ordered a PRS GG core line bass. It came in around Nov. It is really beautiful and I think it sounds great! The manager of the store I bought it through didn't get to see it when I got it, and the next time I brought it in, he was away on holiday.
So I brought it in today for him to try out. He is an excellent bass player and I really wanted to hear his opinion. He currently own a Fodera bass ($10,000+) and many others.
He sits down with it, plugs it into a Mark Bass head and 4x10 cab. He then starts to play. He couldn't stop for 10+ minutes. He then gets his other bass guy (Mike) to come try it. Same thing. He also plugs in his current bass. There is a huge lack of low/mid punch to it.
Both of them were blown away by it. The second player said he was depressed by how it made his sound. (He did say the GG didn't quite get the P-bass sound, but it did have a close facsimile).
The manager wants to stock them and get one for himself now. Both commented on how percussive and punchy it was, and the versatility!
I am very happy I ordered this bass. I am also surprised at how little I have been able to find online about these basses from owners.
These are great instruments. Word needs to get out!

YES !

:top:

I sooo got to try one now. My daughter wants a GG real bad but she can get her own lol....

IMO not a bad price when you consider how much passion goes and comes out of a prs.

I agree. In the PRS core line of things, it is at the lower end of pricing. It's the cheapest of my 3. (McCarty rosewood, SCHBII, GG bass).

I sooo got to try one now. My daughter wants a GG real bad but she can get her own lol....

IMO not a bad price when you consider how much passion goes and comes out of a prs.

This coming from a guy that was a hardcore Warwick player for a few years. Prs changed my mind on how a bass should be. True works of art. Ok need to try and stop gassing for one...haha ok ya like that will help.

Back