Told my wife that I have a bad case of PRS.

if we all have a bad case of PRS, does that mean we can all buy a new guitar once about every 30 days?

Just askin...

I have been alternately obsessing with semi/hollow bodies and then back to strattier tones. My two most played this week have been my SE Zach Myers and the SE EG SSS I just stumbled upon. But give me an alder-bodied CE from the early 90s and I will always be a happy, happy man.

A buddy just had a plate put in his neck, and was told not to lift anything over 15lbs. Bought himself a PRS Hollow body, DOCTORS ORDERS !!!

ha! The shoes thing is a good one! I pretty much used that one (And handbags) on my fiancée when she asked why I need so many guitars or even why I specifically need a blue one!!!

Ot's much better to explain to someone in terms they understand. Isn't there a new gig coming up? Well i better get a new guitar for that gig! I don't want people to see me playing the same guitar as last time! ;)

Ot's much better to explain to someone in terms they understand. Isn't there a new gig coming up? Well i better get a new guitar for that gig! I don't want people to see me playing the same guitar as last time! ;)

Ha!

If only that worked for me...

I just do what I have to do, and don't discuss it.

I had shoulder surgery a couple of years ago. I couldn't take the weight of my lp at the time. Sold it , stayed in tune and have never looked back

I told my wife that music is my hobby. I buy CDs, DVDs, books, guitars, amps...all that kind of stuff. And I figure it's better than if I was out smoking and drinking all the time. I'm usually home on the computer looking at stuff or in my area playing. I said I could be out spending my money in other ways, but who knows what might happen - some other woman might strike up an interest in me, one thing might lead to another, and who knows what could happen in a situation like that. At least she knows I'm not going anywhere.

She asked me to reconsider my hobby.

Went back and picked up the 2011 DC3 I returned to get the 2000 Custom 24 10 Top. Love both guitars, the wife says, she wished I loved her half as much as I love my guitars. I told her I love her more, that's why I constantly up-grade my guitars. She asked why? I replied, so I will sound and look the best, at the jams. Told her I don't want to embarrass her. She rolled her eyes and walked away. Thank God she loves me.

I said I could be out spending my money in other ways, but who knows what might happen - some other woman might strike up an interest in me, one thing might lead to another, and who knows what could happen in a situation like that. At least she knows I'm not going anywhere.

She asked me to reconsider my hobby.

My wife tolerates my guitars only because checks come in the mail from playing them.

Thank goodness for checks.

Thank goodness for Czechs.

You're welcome!

jagr2.png

Back