Things I wish PRS would make...

I'd also love an SE/S2 Hollowbody. I'm a huge fan of 335-esque guitars, but the HBII is just way out of my price range.

A Jim Matheos Signature Model Custom 24!
He's been playing a Paul Reed Smith since 1991.
Seeing and hearing his guitar is what turned me on to PRS many "Moons" ago

Wide Fat/Pattern and stoptail options on S2s. Love the idea of the new S2 Studio but it's a no-go without those specs.

Jim

And birds. Give me a birds option with current specs and I would own one. But add a stoptail and I would have been first in line.

I'd also love an SE/S2 Hollowbody. I'm a huge fan of 335-esque guitars, but the HBII is just way out of my price range.
I actually like 335 style guitars quite a bit and have had several. The best I had was an Edwards copy made in Japan for the Japanese market. It played and sounded great. Sadly I snapped the headstock off after just a couple months... turns out there's maybe a millimeter of wood between the back of the neck and the cut away for the truss rod nut. It should have had a volute. I got it fixed but never trusted it again, ended up selling it.

I love the size, and that's the thing I don't like about the PRS hollowbodies, they're too small. Not that I can afford one anyway.

I would love to see a DGT in an SE and....
I would love to see a S/S SE, with a black body and maple fretboard with birds.

Low end: Truss rod covers. Everybody wants them for their PRSii.

High end: Make the late-90s McCarty Archtop (3-3/4 inch deep) again, this time with 57/08s.

A feller can dream!

=K

A case that won't give you a hernia when the guitar is inside. It's the heaviest case of any guitar I've ever owned. She bought my PRS in Dallas, I left back home before her and had to traipse through DFW airport with that thing. It was work I tell ya....

S2 with tree of life inlays. Maybe some copper plating bridge parts.

Last edited:
paulberger headless with transtrem and monkey grip
malachite lampshades
paul’s face instead of birds
guitar case with hidden spring-loaded sword

Hmmm, how about, S2+ versions? Make some of the popular S2 versions with American bridge and tuners, for a couple hundred more $. Say $1595.

A Jim Matheos Signature Model Custom 24!
He's been playing a Paul Reed Smith since 1991.
Seeing and hearing his guitar is what turned me on to PRS many "Moons" ago

Me too. That guitar tone on "Parallels" was the sound I had always wanted to hear out of my own rig, which at the time was Ibanez and Rivera. Such a great player and writer....

I have a box I throw all mine in after the first adjustment. :oops:

Should have said: Decorative TRCs. Birds and moons, like that cool engraved-aluminum run the factory did for us a few years back.

Anything more elegant than the stock "MODEL+NUMBER" ... ;)

=K

Back