Things I wish PRS would make...

New old guy lol
I've tried that several times. My biggest one was an Archon. Offered to do free demos, promote them on YouTube, etc. I had a chance til they heard me play, then they ghosted me. :D I bought my own though. So now they at least have plausible deniability if I do a demo.

1) A built in trem locking system, self contained within the rear cover.

A simple vibrato lock would rule! First, the extra sustain would be nice. Second, not having the 5 other individual strings change pitch ever so minutely when adjusting the tuning of 1 string.

Third, I like changing tunings but not too drastically. Most of the time I switch from normal E tuning to Eb or Dropped-D turning. A spring loaded design doesn't lend itself to that because of the other strings going out of whack when tuning one string. Would be nice to just lock it, then I can change my tuning. Obviously, for more radical detuning, most people have to have their guitar specially setup for that so just simply locking wouldn't work.

An S2 Custom 24-08 with a wide fat, (or pattern) neck...and a semi-hollow S2 Vela, with tremolo,and a pattern vintage neck, with Paul’s treble neck & bridge pickups! I can dream, can’t I?

I've tried that several times. My biggest one was an Archon. Offered to do free demos, promote them on YouTube, etc. I had a chance til they heard me play, then they ghosted me. :D I bought my own though. So now they at least have plausible deniability if I do a demo.
I figure, if I can keep PRS from hearing me play, they won’t demand I return their gear that I bought. :oops:

Forgive me if this was mentioned before but I'd love to see a PRS take on a Tele. Bring back the narrow field pups and I think it would be killer.

On Sunday night one of the guitarists in another band had what looked like a CE24 with a strap stained in the same colours/pattern as the burst on his guitar.

While I love the protection of the PRS proper hard case, those babies are heavy!!! I lugged my McCarty in case, through DFW airport and thought my arm was going to fall off....It didn't so much as get a scratch from handling during the whole flight ordeal to Hawaii. The TSA guys were kinda funny or sheltered. 'I ain't never seen a real PRS guitar afore"...it was Texas afterall. ;-) If they could provide the same protection in a lighter more modern case, I would purchase one.

Back