The White Tiger Stain really means White Tiger Eye

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
3MKycb4.jpg
kTLxSAQ.jpg
WbMtVM8.jpg
images

I'm thinking that Howard Leese's "White Tiger" guitar might have gotten its name from the fact that its back is white..? Whatever you call it, it's way cool:

Wow that’s a different level of guitar indeed! It could really be just the name of the stain - White Tiger. Or it could be a nickname on account of the back like you said. Top sure looks more like Charcoal stain in this case. Or it could be the bit of blue has faded out.

Last edited:
Yeah that will do, and those inlays !

My interpretation of 'white tiger' :p
zpgxqn1wda1cjzbttr4g.jpg

Of course that doesn't leave much iridescence to the piece especially with a satin finish, but with a gloss it would still glow and move quite a bit.

I'm thinking that Howard Leese's "White Tiger" guitar might have gotten its name from the fact that its back is white..? Whatever you call it, it's way cool:

“White Tiger” is a nickname given that guitar by Howard. It is NOT a PRS white tiger stain. This private stock was put together by Markie (original owner) while I was with him in the Vault. The name on the cert is “electric whipped cream” as dubbed by Doug F Diamond. It’s actually a faded charcoal. Stunning guitar. By contrast, PRS “white tiger” has a cool bluish cast to it (oddly enough).

The SC trem in that video came from me (“friend from Indiana”). We traded at a Paul Rodger’s gig. There’s another good story about the tremolo bar on that guitar.

Last edited:
“White Tiger” is a name given that guitar by Howard. It is NOT a PRS white tiger finish. This private stock was put together by Markie (original owner) while I was with him in the Vault. The name on the cert is “electric whipped cream” as dubbed by Doug Diamond. It’s actually a faded charcoal. PRS white tiger has a bluish cast to it (oddly enough).

The SC trem in that video came from me. We traded at a Paul Roger’s gig. There’s a good story about the tremolo bar on that guitar.

F@$€in LEGEND!!!

Love the inlays. Do you remember what that material is called? I always forget. First time I saw them was at Experience 2012, I think that was the first trip I made out there. Beautiful guitar, I always wanted a white tiger quilt. Saw one way back and thought it so bad ass.

“White Tiger” is a nickname given that guitar by Howard. It is NOT a PRS white tiger stain. This private stock was put together by Markie (original owner) while I was with him in the Vault. The name on the cert is “electric whipped cream” as dubbed by Doug F Diamond. It’s actually a faded charcoal. Stunning guitar. By contrast, PRS “white tiger” has a cool bluish cast to it (oddly enough).

The SC trem in that video came from me (“friend from Indiana”). We traded at a Paul Rodger’s gig. There’s another good story about the tremolo bar on that guitar.
I feel like there’s always some Indiana wood at every Howard show!o_O:D
That white tiger that was Markie’s was one of the most ridiculously nice looking guitars of all time in my book. No surprise DFD was in the mix there. Just talked with him last weekend.;)

Love the inlays. Do you remember what that material is called? I always forget. First time I saw them was at Experience 2012, I think that was the first trip I made out there. Beautiful guitar, I always wanted a white tiger quilt. Saw one way back and thought it so bad ass.
It should be “White turquoise” if I remember correctly. I’ll have to check the certificate to be sure..

Those were the days Celtic Knot inlays were still available on PS builds.. :(

I would love to have that color in an ME II with a white back.

Back