The siren song of digital....

I've been using a Helix Rack since it was released. It has been the BEST gear purchase I've ever made.

Using it opened my ears to tones I would have never explored or used before trying them in the Helix. I am able to recreate tones I have used through out my 40+ years of playing.

The best part???

I can have all my recording tones right in a single place.

Enjoy it.

Great purchase; congrats!

Got a HX Stomp a year before the FM9 came out. Great little unit and love the ability to use Helix Native in Logic, which Sweetwater threw in for free at the time. The clean and distorted sounds along with the effects are great. Besides the extreme portability it's an amazing value.

Wasn't able to really dial in the edge of breakup sounds well which led to the FM9, but if you have any good experience for that I'd love to hear about it. :)

The thing about line6 is they do free software updates, sometimes twice a year, so it keeps gettting more effects, amps etc, really nice company to communicate with

Try the new software line6 carrion (vox like) and clarity, they are from the catalyst amp range, and are so good that a lot of the time I just use my stomp as a pedal into that amp, drive, delay & reverb

Nice to read you back on vela!

hmm, I definitely check out the "digital and modeling" section from time to time there but lately have mainly looked at the new Kemper and the Tonex. I just noticed this is on sale at Sweetwater for $599. Looks like a good deal at that price!

Line 6 dropped everything Helix related back to pre-Covid pricing, when they had to raise them due to supply chain issues.

The thing about line6 is they do free software updates, sometimes twice a year, so it keeps gettting more effects, amps etc, really nice company to communicate with

Try the new software line6 carrion (vox like) and clarity, they are from the catalyst amp range, and are so good that a lot of the time I just use my stomp as a pedal into that amp, drive, delay & reverb

Nice to read you back on vela!

Yup, it's like the gift that keeps on giving - they drop an update and we suddenly get new amps and effects for free - I love it! Some of the Helix and Yamaha Guitar Group guys are also regular participants on forums, and Frank, the director of YGG has been known to give out his personal cell number if anyone is having a support issue.

Back