The Road to the Super Bowl

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
Bengals can't win a playoff game...

Steelers coach makes bush league move...

Vikings looking for new kicker.

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

As for the Vikings, everyone knows.....LACES OUT!

Last edited:
The Bengals have all the talent in the world but a knucklehead coach. Marvin Lewis must have incriminating evidence on Mike Brown. The post game presser explained it all. Any real coach would have ripped the 2 idiots for totally avoidable penalties on Pittsburghs winning drive. The hit on Antonio Brown might have happened regardless. However, they need to cut Adam Jones. For all his talent, the guy has a 2 cent head and it cost them the game.

I went to see a Kiss tribute band w/my buddy last night for his birthday. They had the game on a TV behind the bar. We stood up by the stage. As the set wound down, so did the game. I was vaguely aware of what was happening, but not the actual details.

The band went off stage before the encore. They were just off the side of the stage - very small club - and one of the guys was edging up the steps and just became visible as Boswell hit the winning FG. The place erupted. "Paul" came up to the mic and said, "Thanks - you guys really wanted us to come back!" Some woman right in front yelled, "No - the Steelers just won!"

The band was pretty good - and when I came home, my son sat up for about 90 minutes telling me about the game.

The Bengals should be embarrassed. But then too, so should Pittsburgh. A personal foul caused by an assistant coach? And lets be honest, Joey Porter shouldnt have been out there inciting the Bengals. He should have got a flag too.
As for the Vikings, the kicker AND placeholder should have been cut right after the game. Biggest play of the season and those two Bone it? it wasnt like they were 1 yard further out than the kickers career long, it was a chip shot.
Anyway.
I hope Redskins beat GB. I dont want GB back in our house for the playoffs. Their fans travel too good and they are willing to pay crazy prices for tickets, and to many Cards fans are about the money.
that said............
GO CARDS!!!!!!!

Isn't it time for a multi billion dollar sport to have full time professional referees?

The days of a retired player, now bar owner, being a weekend, part time referee are over, or they should be.

I could be wrong, but I do believe I have seen more bungled calls by refs this year than ever before.

Isn't it time for a multi billion dollar sport to have full time professional referees?

The NFL has become pro wrestling.

Guys getting beat with metal chairs while the ref sees nothing, then turns around and penalizes the guy who was hit with the chair.

It's unbearable that every play almost needs a lawyer to sort out if it was a catch or no catch.

As for the Vikings, the kicker AND placeholder should have been cut right after the game. Biggest play of the season and those two Bone it? it wasnt like they were 1 yard further out than the kickers career long, it was a chip shot.
Anyway.

I live in a Minneapolis suburb. I've been listening to all of the TV and Radio chatter since the game. As you probably noticed, he kicked a field goal in the 40+ yard range earlier in the game with the laces pointing towards him. Apparently in that type of weather, for whatever various reasons, the spinning of the ball is very unpredictable. They had agreed that the holder would NOT spin the ball. This was all on the kicker.

Kevin

One could argue this point if it wasn't for the fact that he was the only one putting points on the board for the Vikings..

Also...
Go Panthers! Keep Pounding!

Last edited:
I live in a Minneapolis suburb. I've been listening to all of the TV and Radio chatter since the game. As you probably noticed, he kicked a field goal in the 40+ yard range earlier in the game with the laces pointing towards him. Apparently in that type of weather, for whatever various reasons, the spinning of the ball is very unpredictable. They had agreed that the holder would NOT spin the ball. This was all on the kicker.

Kevin
Then I guess its all on the kicker.

One could argue this point if it wasn't for the fact that he was the only one putting points on the board for the Vikings..

Also...
!
Aint no way am I quoting that part in blue............................LOL................... Aint no way.
But that was the point I tried to get across a couple years ago when we almost beat the seagulls in there house. The only points were made by the kicker, including a career long 61 yarder. But he missed the final one to win the game, and everyone was calling for him to be cut, and he was. And the new guy isnt better.

I got playoff tickets today. It was a complete fiasco and I feel like I was prison raped. The NFL should be ashamed of themselves for how they handle ticket sales.
I was on ticketmaster 1 second after sales started and was not able to get tickets. I had to pay like triple price on the exchange. And i wound up with nosebleeds.

Here kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty...

seahawks_skel.jpg

But that was the point I tried to get across a couple years ago when we almost beat the seagulls in there house. The only points were made by the kicker, including a career long 61 yarder. But he missed the final one to win the game, and everyone was calling for him to be cut, and he was. And the new guy isnt better.
I guess the point I'm making is that if he's the only one putting up any points, maybe its the rest of the offense that's the problem...
Here kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty...

seahawks_skel.jpg
We're ready! Already beat the Seahawks once and we're ready for round two!

Bengals can't win a playoff game...

Steelers coach makes bush league move...

Vikings looking for new kicker.

But... Isn't the kicker the only one who scored any points in that game? I don't think it's the kicker they need to be replacing, it's everyone else... This coming from a Packers fan.

I was happy to see the Packers finally playing like the Packers. This season has been rough, but at the end of the day, it's still just a game.

I understand that the kicker was the only one putting points on the board. But he made one from much farther away -with the laces in the same orientation.

New offense? Yes.

New kicker? Maybe a more consistent one or one who can handle the pressure.

Gladly it's a decision I don't have to make.

Back