The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I came across this from JM. Its nice that he says that his SS is a production model, and not extra-special-modded.

Finally got around to watching this video today...I might finally be getting over my dislike of JM being based on my ex-wife being such a big fan...:confused:

-gotta say the Silver Sky is moving up the want list. Once a maple board and/or different colors are available...

Just got around to watching this today too. Very informative. Mayer confirms that the making of this guitar was NOT about money, but rather about the journey with Paul and the end result ticking all his boxes. That and he wants every guitar to be a winner right off the line - consistency.

Was really interested in this until I saw the price, and unless you were one of the first 500 it comes in a gig bag? 2200$ guitar in a gig bag? That’s a joke.

Was really interested in this until I saw the price, and unless you were one of the first 500 it comes in a gig bag? 2200$ guitar in a gig bag? That’s a joke.

I'd rather have a well built $2k+ PRS in a gig bag, than a $4k+ P.O.S. in a hard case, any day.

And twice on Sunday.

And twice more on a Leap Year.

Honest question. Does this forum have an 'ignore' function?

Kevin

Yes.

Click on the avatar of the member who’s posts you are tired of reading.
There is an ‘ignore’ button on the right in the pop up window.

There is also ‘ignore’ button is on the right of their member profile page.

Wow. The comments.

I wish John would of used the original Narrowfields, as I could get into that.

Every product has a Life Cycle.
Paul always starts off with a "Guitar Platform", much like automakers do with cars (LE,SE,SER, GT, etc.) and will add options like colors and maple boards/necks as sales of the original JM start to decline.

Take the Piezo series of the custom 22/24 or the F hole Custom 22/24 or even Paul's Guitar.
These models start off as a CU22 hardtail, then a CU22 tremolo, then a CU24 hard tail, then a CU24 Tremolo.

I don't think I will buy one new, maybe used.
I want to wait and see how the neck feels.

When a maple board is available I am in. This guitar is everything you would expect from PRS. Thumbs up! The real winner here below the radar, likely because of the whiners, who reveal their shallowness of instruments because of the whining; and I am talking about the J-MOD. I am listening to Mayer and some of the other demos on the J-MOD and I hear a real remarkable instrument from PRS making that Silver Sky sing. I know it is pricey, but all these whiners talking S#*t about what the Silver Sky is or is not and they say nothing of the other half of that sound. The guitar and the J-MOD are insane professional pieces of equipment the whiners cannot understand. Hence no talk of the other half of that sound. I want a J-MOD now more than ever. Would not have paid to much attention to this thread if not for wanting a sorry laugh from the whiners bitc#in! The Silver Sky is a heck of an instrument, Leo would be proud of Paul and John's contribution, but the real instrument hero here is the J-MOD. GIDDY UP! The journey begins!

Not yet! They are apparently very hard to come by. My dealer told me about a 10 month wait, which is good to save some funds.. May need more time as I do not want to sell anything. I have to seek out one that is hopefully not to long a drive. Trying to fend off gas for the Silver Sky has set me on a quest.

@evanjlim How you’ll get the case if you’ll get it in July? The store keep it for you?

Oh no I think you might have been mistaken.
I ended up ordering a Frost which is part of the first 500 that comes with the hardcase and JM badge.
But because of where I am, guitars within that first 500 that are coming to my country will only hit our shores in July.

US, UK, Europe and Japan gets them first.

I had my doubts about this guitar and its specs and was ready to write it off; was just going to buy whichever colour available with the first 500 hardcases and then prolly send it off. But after watching the various reviews, I'm now of the opinion that the guitar is actually good enough that I would buy it in a gigbag.
Not as if I would be bringing the hardcase around, nor the PRS gigbag too; since I already have a Mono that works best.

Oh no I think you might have been mistaken.
I ended up ordering a Frost which is part of the first 500 that comes with the hardcase and JM badge.
But because of where I am, guitars within that first 500 that are coming to my country will only hit our shores in July.

US, UK, Europe and Japan gets them first.

Where are you from?

Back